IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE MEETING, PLEASE TAKE OUR MEMBER’S SURVEY ONLINE:
SEVA Meeting Minutes: January 14, 2014, –Called to order. Officers introduced. 54 persons in attendance.
- A NEW YEAR, NEW DIRECTIONS – SEVA held a Board meeting to discuss – among other things – organizing all accounts, getting generic email messages, improving our website, and getting a stable phone number for the organization.
- SURVEY – We are also circulating a survey among the membership to see where you, our members, would like to see SEVA go next.
- EVENTS – We are invited to Newcastle’s Earth Day on April 19th. More information as it becomes available. We are a long way from the heavy “show season,” but the invitations are already coming in.
- WEBSITE HAND-OFF – The new website has been handed off from its creators to SEVA. Now, the job of populating it with useful and informative content begins.
- OTMAR’S STRETCHLA – Otmar is taking a wrecked Tesla Model S and is incorporating it into his stretched Vanagon. http://cafeelectric.
- WELCOME NEW VISITORS – We have six new people at our meeting tonight. Welcome!
- LEGISLATIVE REPORT – It’s time for the biennial “short” session. Jeff Finn cautions that there will be few bills that will be getting a hearing. SEVA officially endorses SB6001, the Supplemental Transportation Appropriations package. You are encouraged to contact your lawmakers and indicate your support. Attention is also being paid to making California’s Zero Emission Vehicle mandate regulations applicable in WA State, and appropriate funds to extend the Road Usage Charge research, planning, and implementation processes. We want to eliminate the $100 fee for motorcycles.
- CHECK OUT THE FIAT – We were very pleased to have Roger’s Fiat 500e out in the parking lot for this month’s meeting. Let’s hope it is the first of many.
- JEREMY SMITHSON – Gave his presentation on “EVSE REHAB – New Life for an Old Box.” Jeremy went over his own personal voyage in converting an older 1990s Avcon EVI charging station to a new 60A one with modern J1772 cable and EMW “Juicebox” innards.
- TRED – Is a new car delivery service that delivers … test drives! For a fee, you can reserve a car on the Internet, that car will be delivered to your doorstep, and you can test drive the car on the roads that you would ordinarily use. Our presenter , Keoni Ho, announced that Tred is including test drives of electrics and hybrids … for free!
- RELAYRIDES – You can now rent your car out to others in a new peer-to-peer rental system. You can set the price, you can determine who you rent to, and so on. Use your vehicle to make money. Check out RelayRides. And (big coincidence) our member Lee Colleton has used this to rent out his Mitsubishi iMiev electric car!
Meeting adjourned at 9:09. Our next regularly scheduled meeting is Feb 11.