SEVA monthly meeting, Mar 10, 2015, Stephen Johnsen, President, called the meeting to order at 7:15 pm, 50 in attendance, three new members.
VEHICLE OF THE MONTH – Shawn Vangiesen, cool electric bike, stingray bike, has about 100 miles on it so far, twin 900W motor, 12 mile range, recharge in 2 hr, top speed 25 mph, total cost $1,590, about 3 months of work over evenings and weekends. MonsterScooter.com, Lithiumstorage in Utah.
- Earth Day at NewCastle, Lake Boren – April 18, 10 am – 3 pm,
- Earth Day, Bellevue Community College – April 20, 8:30 am – 2:30 pm
- Nissan of the Eastside, Bellevue, rolling out 5 DCFC at their new location – March 16, 3:30 PM
- Earth Day, UofW Bothell Campus – April 18
- Formula E, Long Beach CA – April 4
- EVS28, World EV Symposium, Korea – May
- High School Drags, Pacific Raceways – May 8
- Triple XXX Rootbeer, EV Carshow – May 10
- Greenwood Car Show, Greenwood Ave, Seattle – June 27
NEW ATTENDEES –
- Mare drives a Zenn and lives on Vashon.
- Jim from Bellevue just purchased a new Tesla.
- Mike has small startup building the “Electric Fin” for paddle boards.
- Sandra looking to buy a Nissan ENV200 van.
- Lee from Shelton – drives a 2012 Volt.
- Kevin from UofW – building EV Formula at UofW
UofW FORMULA MOTORSPORTS – T26, Amrit, Kevin, Scott, donate.uwformula.com, www.facebook.com/uwfsae
BALANCE A BATTERY PACK – Dave Cloud talked about how he balanced a Honda Insight battery pack.
LEGISLATIVE – John JJ McCoy gave an overview of the current legislative EV related bills. Most of the EV bills are still alive, several are NTSB – see JJ’s full presentation here (…).
- Don Baer mentioned BMW in Moses Lake was hit with a pollution fine and the Judge told them to install a DCFC for the fine.
- Don Baer also distributed an update to all DCFC in Washington. The table also lists the elevation of the charger.
- Bill also mentioned that CarPros are selling Kia Soul EV.
The meeting was closed at 9:00 P.M.