WeLcOmE to the Seattle Electric Vehicle Association WikiWebSite
There are five Considerations to keep in mind as you discover Electric Vehicles; Range, Environment, History, Effeciency, and Potential. We hope you enjoy the site and no, we do not power our EVs with lightning, yet. Rather, area grid electricity tends to come from Clean Hydro-Electric resources, yet regional Wind resources have even more potential!
More times than not however you'll find SEVA members participating in one of their favorite pass times, Racing! Electric Vehicles are pushing the envelope by drag racing thanks in part to NEDRA the National Electric Drag Racing Association! You can also find some daily drivers along with the race cars at various current events.
- Date Anyone? - Congratulations to John Wayland on his recent success at breaking into the 12's and through the 100mph 1/4 mile barriers in his street legal Electric Datsun White Zombie !
- Aired When - A new EV project named Gone Postal has made a number of very respectable runs, with plenty more if Rodrick can prevent it from trying to destroy itself. It's quite a sight to behold, a tricked out converted postal van dragster ripping down the strip at Speed?.
- The Tzero by ACPropulsion is a high end EV utilizing the latest Li-Ion battery technology with a range of nearly 300 miles and performance on par with the Lamborghini Murcielago, or Porsche Carrera GT. Yes, you heard right 0-60 in the Sub 4 second range. It recently earned the highest grade at the 2003 Michelin Challenge Bibendum Sept. 29, 2003, receiving a 3.40 GPA. But don't expect to hear much about it in the mainstream media.
- The Tango of Commuter Cars Corp. may very well redefine the way you drive to work. It too touts acceleration of 0-60 in the 4 second range, yet with annual production of 100,000 units, pricing could be in the affordable $10k to $29k range. With it's slim motorcycle like half width design and lane splitting ability at least it's still a funny looking (cbs video) EV. Don't want to disappoint you with all normal looking EVs ;)
- Production BEVs Page. ( The Original, Battery Electric Vehicles )
- Production Hybrids Page ( Hybrids aren't very Electric, yet. )
The Official Seattle EVA page can be found at http://www.seattleeva.org !
We are just trying this thing out at the moment, join in, but play nice.