EVents/2006 02 15
Click show in the next blue box to see more EVent Descriptions for this years Current Events Calendar.
Green Energy and Transportation: Biofuels and Beyond
OK.... Mark Dodrill forwarded this to Steve....(Thanks Mark ) IT's Pricey $45. a head But, the guy, I am going to be sharing a microphone with tomorrow morning at Clear Channel KJR-FM is one of the Main Presenters, i.e. Martin Tobias, CEO of Seattle BioDiesel. I don't think I want to be out-done by bio-diesel... So I am going to go and cough up the $45. bucks. Any one else GAME ????? I am also keen to PIN-Down Ross Reynolds, from KUOW Radio about perhaps doing a show on SEVA and Electric Cars EXCLUSIVELY some day..
.------- Original Message -------.
Subject: Green Energy and Transportation: Biofuels and Beyond -- Wed., Feb 15 -- MIT Enterprise Forum
Motoring with Mammoths: Entrepreneurship, Green Energy, and Transportation
February 15th, 2006
Exclusive Dinner Program Sponsor
President Bush put it as bluntly as ever: "America is addicted to oil... The best way to break this addiction is through technology."
Until now, "Big Auto" and "Big Oil" have dominated the market. With the government's renewable fuel initiatives announced January 31, energy entrepreneurs are preparing new business models to capitalize on the market opportunities.
The energy revolution is here, and the next automotive paradigm is in the making.
- Who is plugged in to next-generation transportation and how will they get around the energy monopolies?
- Which technologies are promising, and in what timeframe?
- Where can entrepreneurs and investors find promising returns on investment?
Join us for a lively discussion, exploring the science and business of next-generation automotive propulsion. The panel includes:
Ross Reynolds , news-talk program host, KUOW.
Martin Tobias , CEO, Seattle Biodiesel.
Patrick Mazza , Research Director, Climate Solutions.
Kirk Washington , Acting CEO, NxtGen Emission Controls, Inc., Founding Partner,
Yaletown Venture Partners, Inc.
Rep. Hans Dunshee , Chair, Capital Budget Committee
When: Wednesday, February 15th, 2006 - 5:30 p.m. - Social hour and registration begin at 5:00 pm. Dinner is served at 6:15 pm. Program starts at 7:00 pm
Where: Hyatt Regency Bellevue Hotel - 900 Bellevue Way NE, Bellevue, WA
HOW: The Early Bird ticket price is only $40 through February 5. Starting February 6 Regular price tickets are $45. At the door, the ticket price is $50. Reservations may be arranged as follows:
- Register online at https://www.mitwa.org until 5:00 p.m., February 14th.
- Phone registrations at (206) 283-9595 accepted until February 14th, noon.
- Onsite registrations accepted until 5:00 p.m. February 15th, space permitting.
- VISA, MasterCard and American Express are welcome.
- Companies or individuals may reserve a table of 10.
About MIT Enterprise Forum of the Northwest
The MIT Enterprise Forum of the Northwest is a volunteer, non-profit organization that gives emerging technology-based companies the opportunity to present their strategies to panels of experts during a series of public forums. The Seattle chapter of the MIT Enterprise Forum is one of 24 worldwide chapters of the MIT Enterprise Forum, Inc. affiliated with the Alumni Association of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. All events are open to anyone interested in growing or enhancing a business.
In an effort to keep the chapters connected and the volunteers informed, each year Enterprise Forum HQ produces three newsletters with information on Enterprise Forum programs, as well as articles of interest to entrepreneurs and Enterprise Forum members. The latest issue is now available online and can be found at:http://enterpriseforum.mit.edu . You can also visit the archives of past Forum Focus issues with this link.
About Stoel Rives
Stoel Rives LLP is a 360-lawyer firm with offices in Washington, Oregon, California, Utah and Idaho. In addition to its strong business and litigation practices, Stoel Rives is nationally recognized for its work on energy and environmental matters. The firm's Renewable Energy Team has represented developers, investors and entrepreneurs in wind, biofuels, geothermal and clean energy technologies throughout the United States, in Canada and overseas. For more information, visit http://www.stoel.com
Venture Labs -- Now available on DVD
The popular Venture Lab series is now on video. Here are the available Venture Lab DVDs for Fall of 2005:
- "Essential Elements of a Successful Business and its Plan" with Tom Huseby.
- "Successful Venture Capital Funding Strategies" with Patrick Ennis & Craig Husa.
- "An Angel’s Perspective: Early Stage Structure and Financing" with Jim Noack & Robert Seidel. (Approved for CLE credits by the Washington State Bar Association)
- "The Entrepreneur’s Perspective on Angel Financing: Plan, Present and Negotiate” with Lon McGowan & Henry Lin.
Each Venture Lab DVD is only $25. Call (206) 283-9595 to order yours today!