EVents/2006 08 26
Click show in the next blue box to see more EVent Descriptions for this years Current Events Calendar.
- 1 Descriptions
- 2 NEDRA NW National "Late Night Nationals" & VEVA at the PNE in BC
- 3 VEVA at the PNE in BC
- 4 NEDRA NW National "Late Night Nationals"
NEDRA NW National "Late Night Nationals" & VEVA at the PNE in BC
VEVA at the PNE in BC
Amazing, Forbidden, Inside Secrets
The Vancouver Electric Vehicle Association will be at the Pacific National Exhibition in Vancouver British Columbia
The main showcase for VEVA this year will be a vehicle Show and Shine at the north edge of the PNE all day Saturday August 26th. 50,000 views likely!
Come out, come all and witness for yourself the most amazing story ever told.
NEDRA NW National "Late Night Nationals"
Announcing the NEDRA Late Night Nationals 2006
Roy LeMeur writes The NEDRA NW National EVent has a change of venue this year.
Instead of sharing the track at Woodburn Dragstrip with the junior dragsters as in previous years, this year the EVent has moved to Portland International Raceway (PIR). The folks at PIR are happy to be hosting NEDRA as they are familiar with EV drag racers already thanks to John Wayland and others.
NEDRA racers will be joining the other PIR racers in the "Late Night Drags" on both August 25th and 26th with the 25th being a bonus "test and tune" night and with the 26th being the "awards" event. Or... we may decide to have an awards brunch the following day.
NEDRA racers will share the lanes both nights with local drag racing enthusiasts and will also be racing other EVs head to head.
Track opens at 6pm, racing until 12am.
- PIR website- http://www.portlandraceway.com
- Directions:- http://www.portlandraceway.com/location.asp
- PIR is just west of the I-5 and is about 1/2 mile south of the Columbia River.
- Admission Prices to the Late Night Drags-
- All Racers $22
More fun EVents in conjunction with these two nights of racing are still in the planning stages. All the usual suspects are expected to be in attendance. Will provide updates as more details are nailed down.
NEDRA Northwest Regional Race Director
More Info on the NEDRA Late Night Nationals
Roy LeMeur writes More Info on the NEDRA Late Night Nationals
We are pleased to announce additional fun EV get-togethers surrounding the NEDRA Late Night Nationals, NEDRA's Annual National EVent for this racing season.
The NEDRA Late Night Nationals will take place at Portland International Raceway in Portland, Oregon, on 8/25/06 and 8/26/06 from 6pm to 12am.
Keeping with tradition, everyone is invited to participate in our EV breakfast/show-and-tell at 'The Village Inn' restaurant just a few blocks from the Wayland Juice Bar. We will be displaying many race vehicles/EVs in general in front of the restaurant. But this time, we will be doing it not just one day but on Friday, and Saturday, and for our "awards" ceremony Sunday morning. Folks will start gathering there each of the three days at about 9am, and running till about 11:30am.
'The Village Inn' is located at 10301 SE Stark St Portland, OR.
Filling the time between the breakfast and the evening's racing on Friday and Saturday, all are invited to the Wayland residence (AKA the Wayland Juice Bar) for more traditional activities, including last minute thrashing together of race vehicles, EV 'testing' on the local streets, and what has turned into an annual gathering of EV drag racing enthusiasts from across the country.
John's place is within a few blocks of the I-205 and I-84 intersection in NE Portland. Please contact John for directions- jw at plasmaboyracing dot com
List of EVs that have verified that they intend to compete at this time are-
- John Wayland's "White Zombie" '72 Datsun
- Roderick Wilde’s "Gone Postal" Mail Van
- Otmar Ebenhoech's "California Poppy" 914 Porsche
- Rich Rudman's "Goldie" Ford Fiesta
- Brian Hall's "ICE Breaker" Chevy Sprint
- Jay Donnaway's "Karmann Eclectric" VW Karmann Ghia
- Dave Cloud's multi-motored (10 motors?) '99 Geo Metro
- Gary Grauke’s Honda Insight EV
- Father Time’s Green Bike
There are more racers who have yet to verify that they will be there. There will also be quite a few EVs on display that won’t be competing.
If you are planning to compete at this EVent and have not yet verified please contact me off-list.
The sponsor list will be posted soon and I will add to the competitor list as more folks verify that they will be there.
If there are any more folks who would like to sponsor this EVent, please contact Roderick Wilde ASAP. All sponsors will be represented on the EVent t-shirts and other media- roderick at evparts dot com.
Cya at the races!
- Roy LeMeur
- NEDRA NW Regional Race Director
Post EVent Wrapup, Photos, & Video
- Jim Husted writes: From woodburn last year to WOW this year, Late Night Nationals Report Y! L! part 2 Y! L!
- Steven Lough writes: 06 NEDRA Late Nite Nationals Y! L!
- John Wayland writes: Oregonian Reporter Gets Zombied! Y! L!
- John Wayland writes: Car and Driver Runs 12.3 @ 103 mph in White Zombie! Y!
- Willamette Week article on the Wayland Invitational II
- Jim Waite shared from photos at: http://www.photoshow.net/battcar/pir_august_2006
- Ryan uploaded some of his videos to youtube where you can watch them from the NEDRA LNN2006 playlist.
Anyone got Photos? Upload them now or send them to User:Rjf!
From Steven Lough Feel free to use the edit button to add captions