EVents 2011 06 14
Join us at our SEVA Meetings
Unless otherwise posted here, or sent out over the SEVA Maillist each Monthly Meeting is Held on the Evening of the Second Tuesday of each Month commencing at 7 p.m. or there about. Meetings are held at the Church of the Nazarene at 44th St. NE, and 3rd Ave NE, just behind Dicks Drive In on 45th. Their fire damage has been repaired, and they welcome us back. We encourage visitors and members to help support this free venue with the purchase of some fine coffee and other refreshments downstairs at the Mosaic Community Coffee House.
June 14th 2011 Meeting
Since Cory was out tonight I took a shot at taking the meeting notes. Please reply with any updates or corrections.
Greenwood Car Show – Gassless on Greenwood:
- Saturday, June 25th (next weekend).
- Meet at Woodland Park south parking lot (starting @ 5:30 am, leave for the carshow together at 6:30 am)
- SEVA will be located together at the parking lot at 83rd & Greenwood (by the dry cleaners).
- Charging is available 3 blocks away (contact Billy Kreuter firstname.lastname@example.org) 120VAC Only.
- Charging is available at Chuck Benson’s house during the picnic (coordinate at show).
SEVA Picnic – Directly after the Greenwood Car Show:
- Roger Wright & Mark Yormark organizing the picnic. (email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org).
- No alcohol allowed in the park.
- South end of Woodland Park (in the parking loop with picnic areas).
- We have the 2nd closest spot to the parking lot reserved.
Steven Lough requested a moment of silence for John Wayland who recently lost his wife Cheryl.
- John Wayland is the builder of the White Zombie race car: http://www.plasmaboyracing.com/
- He is coming to Seattle for the Greenwood Car Show, and will be driving the White Zombie all the way up from Portland!
Steven Lough mentioned the Electronics Technicians Association International:
- They have some electric vehicle classes…
Jeff Finn – Legislative Events Update:
- Legislature adjourned and did not act on the licensing fee.
- This bill will definitely show up during the next session.
- Deb Eddy came to “Revenge of the Electric Car” SIFF premier in Kirkland.
- We should consider participating in the Kirkland 4th of July Parade…
- Jeff received the 2011 “Steve Lough Memorial Achievement Award!”
Northern Lights Northwest – LED and laser light show in Gassworks Park:
- Heather Lowe
- August 26th & 27th.
- Looking for sponsors (electric car manufacturers, Chevy, Nissan, ECOtality… )
Chuck Benson – Batteries stolen:
- Notice went out to local battery recyclers
- National Theft List -> http://www.scraptheftalert.com/
Green Investments – Next Month
WSDOT Tonia Buell (ask Jeff Finn)
- to discuss the West Coast Green Highway at September’s meeting
New charging station on the top of Steven’s Pass!
- Columb Chargepoint
- See details at http://www.mychargepoint.net
- “The Meter” SOC/gauge/cell voltage
- Zilla production is ramping up!
- Discussion of the Zilla production with Otmar…
Range Trailer - Stephen Johnson & Ron Easley
- Other uses for the range trailer are mobile EV charging, solar battery backup system, etc…
- Variable voltage output to connect to any EV. Adds 200+ miles range!
- Performed finite element analysis for safety.
- Provisional patent application filed.
- Adding aerodynamics – 6 mounting stakes for adding other tops.
- Batteries are installed in the aluminum frame, ¼” polycarbonate case.