WeLcOmE to the Seattle Electric Vehicle Association WikiWebSite
Here you will find all kinds of great EV related information.
And no, we do not power our electric cars with lightning, yet...
Here are a few Considerations to keep in mind as you discover BEVs
- Check out http://www.dontcrush.com who has negotiated the release of the Toyota RAV4 EV.
- Electric Vehicles are pushing the envelope by drag racing thanks in part to NEDRA the National Electric Drag Racing Association! Congratulations to John Wayland on his recent success at breaking into the 12's and through the 100mph 1/4 mile barriers in his street legal Electric Datsun White Zombie ! Watch this small mpg movie (5 meg) for a little taste of clean and quiet smokie tire roasting fun, as home built dragsters run the quarter in less than 13 seconds at over 100mph!
- A new EV project named Gone Postal is sure to turn heads the drag race season! Stay Tuned for more details as they become available.
- The Tzero by ACPropulsion is a high end EV utilizing the latest Li-Ion battery technology with a range of nearly 300 miles and performance on par with the Lamborghini Murcielago, or Porsche Carrera GT. Yes, you heard right 0-60 in the Sub 4 second range. It recently earned the highest grade at the 2003 Michelin Challenge Bibendum Sept. 29, 2003, receiving a 3.40 GPA. But don't expect to hear much about it in the mainstream media.
- The Tango of Commuter Cars Corp. may very well redefine the way you drive to work. It too touts acceleration of 0-60 in the 4 second range, yet with annual production of 100,000 units, pricing could be in the affordable $10k to $29k range. With it's slim motorcycle like half width design and lane splitting ability at least it's still a funny looking (cbs video) EV. Don't want to disappoint you with all normal looking EVs ;)
- Production BEVs Page.
- Production Hybrids Page.
The Official Seattle EVA page can be found at http://www.seattleeva.org !