We could also use this page to gage interest in a monthly Movie Night.
Chris Pains NEW MOVIE - Revenge Of The Electric Car is NOW OUT. Will be in Seattle at the Film Festival June 8th 2011
HAND OUTS FOR NEW EV OWNERS YOU SEE
A THREE page hand out to be given to folks with an Electric Car, who do not know of us... SEVA I have been giving them out for over a year, and it brings folks to us...
Sorry all three documents can't be just POSTED right here. But one is a .doc, one is a .pdf, and the third is a .jpg So here they are for your own Down-Load and reproduction. I put the "letter of Thanks on TOP, followed by our generic SEVA hand out, and last, the EAA Membership application, in a tri-fold, and give them out where ever I see a fresh new Tesla, or Leaf, or "Mi-EV" or Ford EV, etc:
I also like the IDEA of a kind of Generic SEVA/EAA business card.. I will be looking round for some kind of EAA Template.
Here are the LINKS:
Letter of Thanks: ( http:/home.comcast.net/~stevenslough/SEVAThankyouLetter.doc )
Generic SEVA info: ( http:/home.comcast.net/~stevenslough/SEVAevflyerTRIFOLD.pdf )
EAA Application: ( http:/home.comcast.net/~stevenslough/EAAAPlicationforSEVA.jpg )
I've double checked the LINKS, and they are all UP and Downloading.
One other very good idea, is to print up some of these and give them out to our local "Cracker Jack" EV Dealers !! Have them give one pack out to each and every new EV Custome
- 2007.11.14 - Sandusky - Media:Steven Lough Interview at Sandusky 2007-11-14 16kbs.mp3
- 2007.05.16 - minnesota.publicradio.org - Ford workers pin hopes on battery-powered truck - Audio
- 2008 - Build Your Own Electric Vehicle By Seth Leitman, Bob Brant (ISBN 9780071543736) (ISBN 0071543732)
- 2006 - Plug-in Hybrids: The Cars that Will Recharge America by Sherry Boschert (ISBN 0-86571-571-8) (ISBN 978-0-86571-571-4)
- 2007.11.19 - latimes.com - Bring back the electric car
- The state should reverse its mistake of putting its clean-air hopes in hydrogen instead of battery-powered autos.
- Quoting Paul Scott of Plug In America, "This is an amazingly well written op-ed! Sherry nailed it perfectly."
- 2006 - Electric Dreams by Caroline Kettlewell (ISBN 0786714859)
- 2006 - Internal Combustion by Edwin Black (ISBN 0312359071)
- How Corporations and Governments Addicted the World to Oil and Derailed the Alternatives, Internal Combustion Trailer
- 2007.11.21 - pluginamerica.org - Sherry Boschert Says: "This book changed my understanding of the history of electric cars. The account of a suspicious arson at a factory in which Henry Ford and Thomas Edison hoped to launch a new partnership is fascinating. Black and his team of researchers did a masterful job in digging out historical details, though the book can be a bit long-winded about them. He blows it in the final chapter, however, when he switches from solid historical research to sheer speculation about the future. The book ends with a puff piece about the dream of hydrogen fuel-cell cars that ignores the many formidable obstacles and impracticalities that will make hydrogen cars unrealistic for decades to come. Skip the last chapter, and it's a solid book."
- 2004 - The Hype About Hydrogen: Fact And Fiction In The Race To Save The Climate by Joseph J. Romm (ISBN 155963703X)
- 2004 - Wining the Oil Endgame by: Amory B. Lovins (ISBN 1-881071-10-3), video review.
- 1996 - The car that could : the inside story of GM's revolutionary electric vehicle by Michael Shnayerson (ISBN 067942105X) (ISBN 9780679421054)
- 1994 - Build Your Own Electric Vehicle by Bob Brant (ISBN 0-8306-4232-3) (ISBN 0-8306-4232-5)
- 1989, 90, 93 - Convert It! a step-by-step manual for converting an internal combustion vehicle to electric power by Michael Brown (ISBN 1-879857-94-4)
- New Electric Vehicles (book)
- EVparts.com FAQ#EV Information Resources
- See our local album of Photos.
- The EV Album is a great resource with 100's of EV photos and information
The DVD of Who Killed the Electric Car? and the book Plug-in Hybrids: The Cars that Will Recharge America are on sale now at pluginamerica.com. A portion of each sale benefits Plug In America. Their prices are as good as any you'll find and you'll be supporting a good cause.
PBS and NOVA are holding "Open Production" on a new documentary named Car of the Future. Just the kind of thing we can probably help out with!
|A humorous yet serious CO2 perspective piece.|
|Ecospot: Grand Prize Winner: Sky is Falling|
- Bettah.com! - Fun short Flash animation from CalCars.
- PlugInPartners.com PHEVs exists today. "Forget Hydrogen, Forget Hydrogen, Forget Hydrogen". "It's a coalition between the Tree-Huggers, Do-Gooders, Sod-Busters, Cheap Hawks, and the Evangelicals". --James Woolsey, former director of the CIA. Sign the petition, watch the webcast, and spread the word. In short, a PHEV delivers all of the advantaged of a BEV while retaining the unlimited range of traditional gas vehicles. See our Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle Projects Page for more information and links to everything we know about this emerging technology.
- OEA - Oil Enforcement Agency - Eco-Humor or Eco-Activism
- The 11th hour "Looks like another great film about our global crisis. I hope it comes to Seattle soon. - Dan."
- I am writing to tell you about my new environmental film, "The 11th Hour". The film documents the environmental crises we face and the solutions we must begin to implement while change is still possible. Please take a look at the trailer for my film here. With the help of over fifty of the world's most prominent thinkers and activists, including reformer Mikhail Gorbachev, physicist Stephen Hawking, and Nobel Prize winner Wangari Maathai, "The 11th Hour" documents the grave problems facing the planet's life systems. Global warming, deforestation, mass species extinction, and depletion of the oceans' habitats are all addressed. "The 11th Hour" explores how we’ve arrived at this moment — how we live, how we impact the earth’s ecosystems, and what we can do to change our course. However, the most powerful element of "The 11th Hour" is not a portrait of a planet in crisis, but an offering of hope and solutions. The film ends with a call for restorative action through reshaping human activity. "The 11th Hour" opens on August 17th in New York and Los Angeles. On the 24th it opens in other cities and then across the country in the following weeks. It would be great if you could go see it and bring a friend.
- An Inconvenient Truth - Feature Movie Trailer
- Watch the trailer for 'An Inconvenient Truth'. The film eloquently weaves the science of global warming with Al Gore's personal history and lifelong commitment to reversing the effects of global warming.
- Who Killed the Electric Car? - Feature Movie Trailer Centered around the GM EV1
- A series of interviews with experts, customers, and enthusiasts regarding the controversial decision by General Motors to kill its own brilliantly successful EV1 electric car program, which was followed quickly by the secretive, dramatic, and expensive seizure and crushing of most of the 1,100 high performance, zero emissions, gasoline-free, market ready EV1 vehicles in existence.
- Monster Garage - Episode 77: Battery-Powered Dragster - Jesse James and a motley crew of electric vehicle experts set their sights on a battery-powered car. This build was a veritable circus of circuits as they attempted to turn a classic 1962 Chevrolet Bel Air into an electric speed machine that could do 100+ mph in the quarter mile. February 2006
- KickTheOilHabit.org - Good short movie, but no mention of PHEVs yet?
- Crude: The incredible journey of oil - I just ran across this very well put together documentary on crude oil (best I've seen so far) and I thought I would pass it along. Its long (90 minutes), but its comprehensive from formation of crude, the discovery of oil, peak oil, to the environmental/economic impact.
- 2008.03.13 - SCAN - EVents 2008 03 13#Public Exposure TV Interview with Ryan and Dave on EV Conversions.
- 2007.11.30 - king5 - Save gas money with the electric car featuring EAA-PHEV:Green_Car_Company
- 2007.11.28 - king5 - The fastest team under the sun
Thanks to Felix Karamer and Cal Cars News for bringing these to our attention. These 3 video pieces are extremely GOOD on the subject of PHEV's and BEV's especially the last and un-edited 17 minute interview with TESLA.
I urge you all to see the attached four part special on Auto Evolution and EVz. Aside the mandated commercials, it may give you some vision for a brighter and realistic future of ZEV World. Please pass it on and some parts maybe useful for your champagne.