The Seattle Electric Vehicle Association (SEVA) is an all-volunteer group of Seattle-area folks who are passionate about all things having to do with electric cars. Our members run the gamut from brand new Tesla owners to folks who have been converting old gasoline cars since the 1980’s.
We participate in car shows, educational events and political events having to do with electric vehicle legislation. But we mostly get together to have some plain, old fun at our free monthly meetings and by simply driving around on our zero-emission wheels.
SEVA also serves as a gateway to the latest press and information on and about electric vehicles. Jump on in to see what’s happening in the world of electric cars!
Upcoming Car Shows and “EVents”
We LOVE car shows and participate in many during any given year. We also display at other local festivals as well when invited!
Shows are great places to come out and learn about electric vehicles of all types. Our members are happy to talk about their vehicles, whether home-done conversions or product in vehicles. Come on by!
- August 26th: West Seattle Car Show (Seattle, WA) South Seattle College, 6000 16th Ave SW in the NORTH Parking Lot 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Also August 26th: Space Elevator Family Science Fest (Seattle, WA) The Museum of Flight 9404 East Marginal Way S. Seattle, WA 98108 10am-3pm
- September 9th : Sustainable Ballard Festival (Seattle, WA: Ballard Commons Park ) As in years past, SEVA will have some cars present at this neighborhood mini-Green festival!
- September 24th: 21 Acres Center For Local Food Harvest and”Get Squashed” Festival 13701 NE 171 St, Woodinville, WA 10am-4pm.
- September 30th Salmon Days (Issaquah, WA) Contact SEVA Secretary Kevin Boze to sign up.
SEVA in the News
On Sunday, June 18, 2017, The Seattle Times AUTO Section featured a lengthy article called “Batteries Included! Seattle Electric Vehicle Assocation Leads the Charge” (by Tom Voelk) about SEVA’s 37-year history promoting electric vehicles in the Puget Sound Region. Thank you, Tom, and Seattle Times! Click here to read article.
EV News Headlines
- NorthVolt Starts Fundraising Efforts For 32 GWh Battery Gigafactory (9/23/2017) - NorthVolt – a new EV lithium-ion battery company established out of north Sweden (hence the name we suppose), has aspirations to build its own gigafactory. The company was founded by a former Tesla executive, and is now searching for investment partners in the venture. The total cost of the 32 ...read more
- Tesla Model 3 Detailed Video Review Finally Surfaces (9/23/2017) - Who better than a Fremont-based Tesla-centric obsessive and compulsive detailing company to post the very first detailed Tesla Model 3 video review? Yes, OCDetailing (gotta love the name) has seen and worked on literally thousands of Tesla vehicles. Now that the floodgates are open, and Tesla will be beginning to... ...read more
- Hurricane Survival 101: Tesla Vehicle, Tesla Powerwall, Solar Roof (9/23/2017) - SURVIVAL KIT: TESLA POWERWALL, SOLAR PANELS, AND ELECTRIC VEHICLES BRAVE THE HURRICANE If you're in the path of a hurricane, is it better to have an EV or a dinosaur-burner? Since Harvey and Irma's unwanted visits, partisans on online forums have been fiercely debating this question. Of course, each powertrain ...read more
- Super Volcanos Provide New Lithium Source (9/23/2017) - Fast growing demand for lithium resources has redirected the attention of some scientists to search for new ways of sourcing the element…that is, other than extracting brines in Chile or mining in Australia. Recently, Stanford researchers discovered that lithium can be found in supervolcanos, and have published new details on... ...read more
- RWD Tesla Model S 75 gone after September 24, as electric-car range continues to change (9/23/2017) - This year has seen a dizzying profusion of changes to the features, options, and available versions of the Tesla Model S luxury electric car, now in its sixth model year. Anyone who wants to buy a new Model S with rear-wheel drive, however, must act fast. The 2017 Tesla Model ...read more