The Seattle Electric Vehicle Association (SEVA) is an all-volunteer group of Seattle-area folks who are passionate about all things having to do with electric cars. Our members run the gamut from brand new Tesla owners to folks who have been converting old gasoline cars since the 1980’s.
We participate in car shows, educational events and political events having to do with electric vehicle legislation. But we mostly get together to have some plain, old fun at our free monthly meetings and by simply driving around on our zero-emission wheels.
SEVA also serves as a gateway to the latest press and information on and about electric vehicles. Jump on in to see what’s happening in the world of electric cars!
Car Shows and “EVents”
We LOVE car shows and participate in many during any given year. We also display at other local festivals as well when invited! Shows are great places to come out and learn about electric vehicles of all types. Below are some upcoming shows:
SPRING 2018 SHOWS
- April 18th North Seattle Community College Earth Day
- April 19th Bellevue College’s Earth Day
- April 19th: University of Washington: Bothell Campus Earth Day
- April 21st: City of Bellevue Earth Day
Winter Driving Tips For EVs
Fall 2017 : Update on Washington State Sales Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles
SEVA in the News
On Sunday, June 18, 2017, The Seattle Times AUTO Section featured a lengthy article called “Batteries Included! Seattle Electric Vehicle Assocation Leads the Charge” (by Tom Voelk) about SEVA’s 37-year history promoting electric vehicles in the Puget Sound Region. Thank you, Tom, and Seattle Times! Click here to read article.
EV News Headlines
- Rivian appoints five executives, prepares to launch its first EV in 2020. (2/19/2018) - EV startup Rivian, which has facilities in Michigan, California and Illinois, plans to introduce its first EV, a five-passenger pickup, in 2020, followed by a seven-passenger SUV. The company recently announced the appointment of five new executives. Mark Vinnels has joined the company as Executive Director of Engineering and Vehicle Programs. ...read more
- New membrane extracts lithium from fracking waste water (2/19/2018) - As EVs proliferate, global demand for lithium is rapidly outpacing the rate at which it can be mined or recycled, but an international team of researchers are working on a solution. Professor Benny Freeman of the University of Texas, and his colleagues at Monash University and the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial ...read more
- EVgo Fast Charges 40 Million Miles of EV Driving in 2017 (Up 83%) (2/19/2018) - EVgo noted significant growth of its charging business in 2017, delivering 13 million kWh of energy in 2017, or 83% more than one year ago. The network currently consists of more than 1,000 DC fast chargers. Usage grew much quicker than plug-in electric car sales, partially because new models have ...read more
- Tesla Updates Mobile App With New Cold-Weather Features (2/19/2018) - As Tesla pushes new updates to its global fleet and mobile app, we begin to see requests satisfied from CEO Elon Musk's December Tweetstorm. Perhaps you remember back in December (the day after Christmas, in fact) when Tesla CEO Elon Musk took to Twitter to thank owners for their support.... ...read more
- Confirmed: 2018 Renault ZOE Gets Power Increase (2/19/2018) - Renault just announced introduction of the new 80 kW R110 electric motor for the 2018 ZOE – Europe's best-selling EV. The new motor is 12 kW (16hp) more powerful than its predecessor R90, but size is the same. In effect, the new ZOE will accelerate quicker than ever, especially in ...read more