The Seattle Electric Vehicle Association (SEVA) is an all-volunteer group of Seattle-area folks who are passionate about all things having to do with electric cars. Our members run the gamut from brand new Tesla owners to folks who have been converting old gasoline cars since the 1980’s.
We participate in car shows, educational events and political events having to do with electric vehicle legislation. But we mostly get together to have some plain, old fun at our free monthly meetings and by simply driving around on our zero-emission wheels.
SEVA also serves as a gateway to the latest press and information on and about electric vehicles. Jump on in to see what’s happening in the world of electric cars!
SEVA in the News
On Sunday, June 18, 2017, The Seattle Times AUTO Section featured a lengthy article called “Batteries Included! Seattle Electric Vehicle Assocation Leads the Charge” (by Tom Voelk) about SEVA’s 37-year history promoting electric vehicles in the Puget Sound Region. Thank you, Tom, and Seattle Times! Click here to read article.
Get Ready For 2017 Car Show Season!
We LOVE car shows! Not only are they fun for the whole family, but shows are a great way to come see what electric cars are all about! Come on by and visit us at any one of the following:
2017 Car Shows
- March 25th Coltura’s “Green Neighborhood Revolution!” show 10am-2pm. Reach Now will be test driving I3’s. And there will be other cars and displays. www.coltura.org/events for more info. SEVA could use some representation at the table, too.
- April 19th Bellevue College’s Earth Day. Please be there at 9:40 am (parking lot B2, we think). With hundreds of college students passing by, it’s a great chance to expose new people to EVs.
- April 22nd Earth Day NewCastle This event is all about creating a healthy planet and sustainable environment. SEVA will have some EVs on display.
- May 3rd Edmonds Community College EV Show (11:30-1:00 PM). Contact Frederick Peters for more info.
- May 7th Triple-XXX Car Spring Electric Vehicles Show in Issaquah, WA. (9am-3pm).
- June 7th Plug-In North Central Washington is sponsoring a drive through across Highway 2 from Everett to Spokane
- June 18th Fenders on Front Street (Issaquah, WA) REGISTER HERE
- June 24th Greenwood Car Show. Fill out a form and get it over to Organizer-in-Chief Mark Schiller.
- July 22nd Northwest Solar Festival (Shoreline, WA) Sustainable Living Fair. SEVA will have some cars present
- July 23 is Renton River Days and Treasurer Mark says we will be in the skate park, which is a very favorable location, with high visibility. Car show participants are required to be there from 10:30 am to 5pm. SEVA Members: Email Mark Yormark mark.yormark @ gmail.com to sign up. DOWNLOAD POSTER HERE
- September 9th Sustainable Ballard Festival (Seattle, WA: Ballard Commons Park ) As in years past, SEVA will have some cars present at this neighborhood mini-Green festival!
- September 17th is Triple-XXX National Drive Electric Week Fall Show, Issaquah, WA. (9am-3pm) Contact SEVA Events Coordinator Philip Skoog for more info.
- September 30th Salmon Days (Issaquah, WA) Contact SEVA Secretary Kevin Boze to sign up.
EV News Headlines
- MIT-led study suggests route to improving solid-state batteries (7/26/2017) - Replacing a liquid electrolyte with a solid electrolyte could offer major advantages for both safety and energy storage capacity, but so far, attempts to develop a practical solid-state cell have run into major obstacles. Liquid electrolytes can be flammable, and are also prone to the formation of dendrites -thin, fingerlike projections ...read more
- Porsche installs 350 kW fast charging station at tech center (7/26/2017) - Porsche has installed a charging station using its new 800 V 350 kW fast charging system at its technology center in Berlin-Adlershof. The Porsche High Power Charging (HPC) station is liquid-cooled, and uses CCS connectors. The new tech center also features a 25-meter-high solar pylon that is expected to generate up ...read more
- Could a Tesla-Jaguar Partnership Be in the Works? (7/26/2017) - 2018 is shaping up to be an exciting year for electric vehicles. Not only will the Tesla Model 3 most likely be in full production, but no less than three luxury brands will be bringing all-electric crossovers to their respective showrooms. During 2018, Audi will launch their long-anticipated e-tron quattro,... ...read more
- Tesla Model 3 Added To California’s Rebate List, Now $2,500 Cheaper For Most (7/26/2017) - The Tesla Model 3 has just been included to California's Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP), which in base case scenario lowers the costs by up to $4,500. Although most would receive $2,500 (see details below). Combined with the $7,500 federal tax credit, the effective price of the base Model ...read more
- UK To Ban New Gas/Diesel Cars In 2040, EVs For The Win (7/26/2017) - The British government has announced a plan to ban the sales of new conventional petrol and diesel car and van in 2040, which would result in nearly zero emission fleet as early as 2050. It seems that air pollution issues (as we have seen on other areas like China) has... ...read more