The Seattle Electric Vehicle Association (SEVA) is an all-volunteer group of Seattle-area folks who are passionate about all things having to do with electric cars. Our members run the gamut from brand new Tesla owners to folks who have been converting old gasoline cars since the 1980’s.
We participate in car shows, educational events and political events having to do with electric vehicle legislation. But we mostly get together to have some plain, old fun at our free monthly meetings and by simply driving around on our zero-emission wheels.
SEVA also serves as a gateway to the latest press and information on and about electric vehicles. Jump on in to see what’s happening in the world of electric cars!
Upcoming Car Shows and “EVents”
We LOVE car shows and participate in many during any given year. We also display at other local festivals as well when invited!
Shows are great places to come out and learn about electric vehicles of all types. Our members are happy to talk about their vehicles, whether home-done conversions or product in vehicles. Come on by!
- August 26th: West Seattle Car Show (Seattle, WA) South Seattle College, 6000 16th Ave SW in the NORTH Parking Lot 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Also August 26th: Space Elevator Family Science Fest (Seattle, WA) The Museum of Flight 9404 East Marginal Way S. Seattle, WA 98108 10am-3pm
- September 9th : Sustainable Ballard Festival (Seattle, WA: Ballard Commons Park ) As in years past, SEVA will have some cars present at this neighborhood mini-Green festival!
- September 24th: 21 Acres Center For Local Food Harvest and”Get Squashed” Festival 13701 NE 171 St, Woodinville, WA 10am-4pm.
- September 30th Salmon Days (Issaquah, WA) Contact SEVA Secretary Kevin Boze to sign up.
SEVA in the News
On Sunday, June 18, 2017, The Seattle Times AUTO Section featured a lengthy article called “Batteries Included! Seattle Electric Vehicle Assocation Leads the Charge” (by Tom Voelk) about SEVA’s 37-year history promoting electric vehicles in the Puget Sound Region. Thank you, Tom, and Seattle Times! Click here to read article.
EV News Headlines
- Mitsubishi Electric Unveils Emirai 4 Smart Mobility Demo EV (10/17/2017) - From this year's Tokyo Motor Show Mitsubishi Electric (not to be confused with Mitusbishi Motors – but its motor and inverter supplier) will present its latest, and fourth generation, EMIRAI demonstration electric vehicle (see the third here and the second generation here). The EMIRAI 4 Smart Mobility Concept is equipped... ...read more
- BMW C Evolution Electric Scooter Hides Under Batman-Like Exterior (10/17/2017) - Batman, Your E-Scooter is Ready A German gearhead thought to himself, “How can I make this BMW C Evolution both weirder and cooler?” His answer was to take it, strip it, and make it look like something that would be at home in the Batcave. According to BGR, Rolf Reick... ...read more
- GM Autonomous Director Says Tesla Can’t Reach Level 5 (10/17/2017) - This isn't the first time the Tesla's Autopilot and/or Full Self-Driving hardware has been questioned, but now that GM is pushing forward with the technology, its director of autonomous vehicle integration doesn't believe Tesla can pull it off. First of all, GM's Scott Miller thinks that Level 5 autonomy is... ...read more
- Tesla Is So Much More Than An Automotive Disruptor (10/17/2017) - TESLA IS MORE THAN A CAR COMPANY, IT'S AN AGENT OF CHANGE [VIDEO] Famed Apple analyst turned Venture Capitalist, Gene Munster at Loup Ventures, recently attempted to answer Wall Street's burning question — isn't Tesla just another car company? Munster's answer: “Tesla is not (just) an automaker. Nor is it ...read more
- BYD’s Past Plug-In Sales Means It Has 290,000 Credits, Worth $440 Million (10/17/2017) - BYD is a big winner with the upcoming New Energy Vehicle (AKA plug-in vehicle) quota and credit system in China, while at the same time, will hit many foreign manufacturers with low EV sales already operating in the region hard. The Chinese company has well outsold any other manufacturers (96,000 ...read more