The Seattle Electric Vehicle Association (SEVA) is an all-volunteer group of Seattle-area folks who are passionate about all things having to do with electric cars. Our members run the gamut from brand new Tesla owners to folks who have been converting old gasoline cars since the 1980’s.
We participate in car shows, educational events and political events having to do with electric vehicle legislation. But we mostly get together to have some plain, old fun at our free monthly meetings and by simply driving around on our zero-emission wheels.
SEVA also serves as a gateway to the latest press and information on and about electric vehicles. Jump on in to see what’s happening in the world of electric cars!
Car Shows and “EVents”
We LOVE car shows and participate in many during any given year. We also display at other local festivals as well when invited! Shows are great places to come out and learn about electric vehicles of all types. See our calendar page for a list of recent past shows. Meanwhile, 2018 show schedules are brewing.
Winter Driving Tips For EVs
Fall 2017 : Update on Washington State Sales Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles
SEVA in the News
On Sunday, June 18, 2017, The Seattle Times AUTO Section featured a lengthy article called “Batteries Included! Seattle Electric Vehicle Assocation Leads the Charge” (by Tom Voelk) about SEVA’s 37-year history promoting electric vehicles in the Puget Sound Region. Thank you, Tom, and Seattle Times! Click here to read article.
EV News Headlines
- Navigant Predicts $80 Billion Will Be Spent On Global EV Charging Infrastructure By 2025 (1/16/2018) - Navigant Research in a report on electric vehicle charging, forecasts that a total of $80 billion will be spent on EV charging infrastructure worldwide by the end of 2025. With the charging capacity to reach 230 GW – which honestly isn't a number we can mentally put into prospective. Navigant ...read more
- Revolutionary continuous mixing process for producing Li-ion electrode slurries: Lower costs and higher quality (1/16/2018) - Sponsored by Bühler By Dr. Adrian Spillmann, Head of Market Segment Battery Solutions with Grinding & Dispersion Technologies at Bühler The manufacturers of lithium-ion batteries are currently in the process of massively expanding their global capacity. These investments are being driven by rising demand for electric vehicles, among other things. By 2025, ...read more
- Tesla Model 3 Fit And Finish Examined – Video (1/16/2018) - The MacTechGenius released another video in its series of shows on the Tesla Model 3 to answer questions related to fit and finish. As it turns out, a detailed walkthrough reveals few issues with the build quality of the exterior, which were called “minor”. MacTechGenius said that the Model 3... ...read more
- Could The BMW i3 Become The Police Car Of Choice In The UK? (1/16/2018) - I drove an i3… After 100yrds I wanted one… After 50miles I *really* wanted one! Great little car, great tech – Talking to our Fleet Mgr, I see the future…. pic.twitter.com/viyeUTKHMA — Supt Phil Vickers (@SuptPhilVickers) December 22, 2017 It'd be better than a diesel Astra. BMW's i3 electric car... ...read more
- BYTON – Video Roundup, Including Test Drives, From CES (1/16/2018) - If you thought that Tesla has the largest screens in the industry, you'd be wrong. Here is the BYTON Concept SUV with its gigantic 125 x 25 cm (49 x 9.8 inch) Shared Experience Display center console. This all-electric SUV, shown at CES, is scheduled for market launch in 2019... ...read more