The Seattle Electric Vehicle Association (SEVA) is an all-volunteer group of Seattle-area folks who are passionate about all things having to do with electric cars. Our members run the gamut from brand new Tesla owners to folks who have been converting old gasoline cars since the 1980’s.
We participate in car shows, educational events and political events having to do with electric vehicle legislation. But we mostly get together to have some plain, old fun at our free monthly meetings and by simply driving around on our zero-emission wheels.
SEVA also serves as a gateway to the latest press and information on and about electric vehicles. Jump on in to see what’s happening in the world of electric cars!
SEVA in the News
On Sunday, June 18, 2017, The Seattle Times AUTO Section featured a lengthy article called “Batteries Included! Seattle Electric Vehicle Assocation Leads the Charge” (by Tom Voelk) about SEVA’s 37-year history promoting electric vehicles in the Puget Sound Region. Thank you, Tom, and Seattle Times! Click here to read article.
Get Ready For 2017 Car Show Season!
We LOVE car shows! Not only are they fun for the whole family, but shows are a great way to come see what electric cars are all about! Come on by and visit us at any one of the following:
2017 Car Shows
- March 25th Coltura’s “Green Neighborhood Revolution!” show 10am-2pm. Reach Now will be test driving I3’s. And there will be other cars and displays. www.coltura.org/events for more info. SEVA could use some representation at the table, too.
- April 19th Bellevue College’s Earth Day. Please be there at 9:40 am (parking lot B2, we think). With hundreds of college students passing by, it’s a great chance to expose new people to EVs.
- April 22nd Earth Day NewCastle This event is all about creating a healthy planet and sustainable environment. SEVA will have some EVs on display.
- May 3rd Edmonds Community College EV Show (11:30-1:00 PM). Contact Frederick Peters for more info.
- May 7th Triple-XXX Car Spring Electric Vehicles Show in Issaquah, WA. (9am-3pm).
- June 7th Plug-In North Central Washington is sponsoring a drive through across Highway 2 from Everett to Spokane
- June 18th Fenders on Front Street (Issaquah, WA) REGISTER HERE
- June 24th Greenwood Car Show. Fill out a form and get it over to Organizer-in-Chief Mark Schiller.
- July 22nd Northwest Solar Festival (Shoreline, WA) Sustainable Living Fair. SEVA will have some cars present
- July 23 is Renton River Days and Treasurer Mark says we will be in the skate park, which is a very favorable location, with high visibility. Car show participants are required to be there from 10:30 am to 5pm. SEVA Members: Email Mark Yormark mark.yormark @ gmail.com to sign up. DOWNLOAD POSTER HERE
- September 9th Sustainable Ballard Festival (Seattle, WA: Ballard Commons Park ) As in years past, SEVA will have some cars present at this neighborhood mini-Green festival!
- September 17th is Triple-XXX National Drive Electric Week Fall Show, Issaquah, WA. (9am-3pm) Contact SEVA Events Coordinator Philip Skoog for more info.
- September 30th Salmon Days (Issaquah, WA) Contact SEVA Secretary Kevin Boze to sign up.
EV News Headlines
- Australia Will Build An Electric Super Highway To Support EVs (8/16/2017) - Queensland in Australia soon will get an electric vehicle Super Highway, which enable zero emission driving through 1,800-km (1,118-mile) of its east coast, alongside the Great Barrier Reef. The major hardware supplier for the project is Tritium (Veefil fast chargers), supplemented by Schneider Electric (EVlink fast chargers). At first, the... ...read more
- Tesla Maps – New Versus Old – Video Comparison (8/16/2017) - Take a look at Tesla's current map UI and the new (upcoming) UI with side-by-side, simultaneous video and audio feeds. We recently reported that Tesla was updating its mapping and navigation software, as well as looking to MapBox and Valhalla for open source support. Tesla began updating its fleet in... ...read more
- 2017 Karma Revero: first drive of reborn luxury plug-in hybrid sedan (8/16/2017) - The 2017 Karma Revero remains as much of a head-turner today as the low, sleek four-door sedan was when it debuted a decade ago under another name. It also happens to be a range-extended electric luxury sedan, though we tend to think that the Karma would sell just as well ...read more
- Startup with former Tesla execs to introduce a commercial electric truck this fall (8/15/2017) - A new player has popped up to join the growing ranks of commercial EV makers. California-based Chanje has assembled a team of execs with impressive experience in the EV industry. President Ian Gardner is an alumnus of the Boston Consulting Group, Duke Energy and the Los Angeles Clean Tech Incubator. COO ...read more
- MXene Combines Supercapacitor Tech With Large Format EV Batteries (8/15/2017) - Researchers in Drexel University's College of Engineering are developing a new battery electrode design that will enable recharging in minutes…or even seconds. The apparent key to solve the problem of uber-fast charging is to use a highly conductive, two-dimensional material called MXene. The team has demonstrated charging of thin MXene ...read more