The Seattle Electric Vehicle Association (SEVA) is an all-volunteer group of Seattle-area folks who are passionate about all things having to do with electric cars. Our members run the gamut from brand new Tesla owners to folks who have been converting old gasoline carssince the 1980’s.
We participate in car shows, educational events and political events having to do with electric vehicle legislation. But we mostly get together to have some plain, old fun at our free monthly meetings and by simply driving around on our zero-emission wheels.
SEVA also serves as a gateway to the latest press and information on and about electric vehicles. Jump on in to see what’s happening in the world of electric cars!
Car Shows and “EVents”: Fall 2018
- ONGOING:Tesla Owners Club of the PNW (TOCPNW) has an events calendar up: https://tocpnw.org/events/
Some events are private, but some are open to the public, and in fact some are meant as outreach. Not all are local..
- Sept 22th: Sustainable Ballard Festival (Seattle, WA) www.sustainableballard.org/festival/
- Sept 30th: Snohomish Car Show sponsor is Bickford Ford. Ford EVs and conversions encouraged, lots of categories for prizes see linksnohomishcoc.com/classiccardisplay/
THANK YOU FOR A FABULOUS NATIONAL DRIVE ELECTRIC WEEK Sept 8-16th! Thousands of electric vehicle drivers and enthusiasts in Washington State participated in a record number of free events presented by volunteers around the state to highlight the environmental benefits, high performance and cost-savings of electric cars during the week of Sept. 8-16, 2018. Click here to see what events happened and where!
SEVA in the News:
On August 7, 2018, SEVA Members joined Governor Jay Inslee and local dignitaries to open the first DC Fast Charger that was funded with monies from the EV Registration fees paid by Washington State drivers. This money was leveraged 4:1 with private sector investment, and provides both needed additional capacity and some redundancy to bolster the small number of existing DC Fast chargers around Tacoma.
On March 28, 2018, SEVA President Emeritus Steve Lough was interviewed by King 5 about Washington State’s Pay-By-Mile Pilot Program and how that might negatively or positivELY affect the electric vehicles owners.
- On June 18, 2017, The Seattle Times AUTO Section featured a lengthy article called “Batteries Included! Seattle Electric Vehicle Assocation Leads the Charge” (by Tom Voelk)about SEVA’s 37-year history promoting electric vehicles in the Puget Sound Region. Thank you, Tom, and Seattle Times! Click here to read article.
Alternative fuel vehicle sales tax exemption ENDED May 31, 2018
The Department of Revenue has notified the Washington State Auto Dealers Association that the alternative fuel vehicle sales tax exemption will end on May 31. To have received this tax exemption, your vehicle must have been delivered on or before May 31, 2018.
If you are received your vehicle after May 31, 2018, you will be required to pay all applicable sales taxes.
EV News Headlines
- We Visit Volkswagen’s Dresden Factory: Get Inside Scoop On EV Plans (9/23/2018) - A site so clean and unlike any we've ever seen before. Volkswagen's “Transparent Factory” located in the center of Dresden, Germany originally opened in 2002, and was responsible for manufacturing the Volkswagen Phaeton until March 2016. It then began a 13-month transformation that would see the Gläserne Manufaktur (Factory made of ...read more
- Porsche Taycan Platform To Underpin Audi e-tron GT (9/23/2018) - Audi plans to reveal the previously announced electric Sport e-tron GT in 2020. Audi is on the move. After the already revealed Audi e-tron electric SUV, the Ingolstadt based carmaker is set to reveal the e-tron Sportsback and finally, the electric Sport e-tron GT sometime in 2020. While we previously knew ...read more
- OP-ED: A Deep Dive Into Tesla’s Dominance in Electric Cars (9/23/2018) - Let's take a look at how Tesla leads the electric vehicle segment by leaps and bounds. I am a long-time follower of the progression of Tesla. I test drove the Tesla Model S several years ago and test drove the Tesla Model X over a year ago. I ordered the Tesla ...read more
- Watch BMW i8 Race Porsche 996 Turbo, BMW M3 And Others (9/23/2018) - A rolling start race, giving us some rather interesting showdowns & results. In this video, we get to see an interesting set of races performed by a tuned BMW i8. While many races are done from a standing start, for this one, the organizers went with a bit more unusual rolling ...read more
- Continental & MAN Present Concept Tire For Electric Trucks (9/23/2018) - EVs of the future will get proprietary tires The MAN CitE, unveiled at the 2018 IAA, was equipped with Conti e.MotionPro tires specifically designed for electric trucks under a joint project with Continental. According to Continental, temporarily electric vehicles can be fitted with conventional tires, but in the future, that will change. ...read more