The Seattle Electric Vehicle Association (SEVA) is an all-volunteer group of Seattle-area folks who are passionate about all things having to do with electric cars. Our members run the gamut from brand new Tesla owners to folks who have been converting old gasoline cars since the 1980’s.
We participate in car shows, educational events and political events having to do with electric vehicle legislation. But we mostly get together to have some plain, old fun at our free monthly meetings and by simply driving around on our zero-emission wheels.
SEVA also serves as a gateway to the latest press and information on and about electric vehicles. Jump on in to see what’s happening in the world of electric cars!
Car Shows and “EVents” 2019
- ONGOING:Tesla Owners Club of the PNW (TOCPNW) has an events calendar up: https://tocpnw.org/events/
Some events are private, but some are open to the public, and in fact some are meant as outreach. Not all are local..
Winter Driving Tips for EVs
It’s that time of year again, when we start getting those panicky calls for help:
“What happened to my electric car — I’m sure in the middle of summer my range was much greater than this! My batteries must be dying*already* or my motor, or something!”
So, let’s go over again all the reasons — some controllable — why electric cars “lose range” in the fall and “lose range”:
1) Tire pressure. Tires represent about 5X more of an electric cars “energy budget” than a gas car — […read more…]
SEVA in the News:
On August 7, 2018, SEVA Members joined Governor Jay Inslee and local dignitaries to open the first DC Fast Charger that was funded with monies from the EV Registration fees paid by Washington State drivers. This money was leveraged 4:1 with private sector investment, and provides both needed additional capacity and some redundancy to bolster the small number of existing DC Fast chargers around Tacoma.
On March 28, 2018, SEVA President Emeritus Steve Lough was interviewed by King 5 about Washington State’s Pay-By-Mile Pilot Program and how that might negatively or positivELY affect the electric vehicles owners.
- On June 18, 2017, The Seattle Times AUTO Section featured a lengthy article called “Batteries Included! Seattle Electric Vehicle Assocation Leads the Charge” (by Tom Voelk)about SEVA’s 37-year history promoting electric vehicles in the Puget Sound Region. Thank you, Tom, and Seattle Times! Click here to read article.
FEDERAL ELECTRIC VEHICLE TAX INCENTIVES For 2019
For TESLA only:
|Federal Tax Credit||For Vehicles Delivered|
|$7500||On or before December 31, 2018|
|$3750||January 1-June 30, 2019|
|$1,875||June 30, 2019-December 31, 2019|
For ALL OTHER electric vehicle brands:
|Federal Tax Credit||For Vehicles Delivered|
|$7500||Until automakers of each separate, respective brand hit the 200,000 unit sales mark. See link below for more info.|
Washington STATE Alternative fuel vehicle sales tax exemption ENDED May 31, 2018
The Department of Revenue has notified the Washington State Auto Dealers Association that the alternative fuel vehicle sales tax exemption will end on May 31. To have received this tax exemption, your vehicle must have been delivered on or before May 31, 2018.
If you are received your vehicle after May 31, 2018, you will be required to pay all applicable sales taxes.
EV News Headlines
- In 20 Days Of March, Tesla Delivered Over 2,500 Model 3 In Norway (3/20/2019)- Tesla Model 3 sets new sales record for electric cars Tesla further increased it already fast pace of Model 3 deliveries in Norway, reaching a level of over 2,500 new registrations within the first 20 days of March! Together with the Model S/Model X, Tesla registrations exceed 2,800. The previous best for ...read more
- Ford To Produce Its Electric Cars In Michigan And Mexico (3/20/2019)- With the new platform, most BEVs probably will be produced in Michigan According to the latest news, Ford tweaks its plans again to improve the business. In the case of electric cars, the new models will be produced in Mexico and Michigan. Cuautitlan, Mexico was selected for the upcoming all-electric long-range crossover ...read more
- Alfa Romeo Tonale PHEV Foreshadows Upcoming Plug Ins: Videos (3/20/2019)- Alfa Romeo concept heralds upcoming plug-in hybrids Alfa Romeo, after 109 years of history, is finally seriously working on electrification. One of the first signs is the new Tonale concept unveiled at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show. The Tonale is a plug-in hybrid mid-size premium SUV described by Italian company as a ...read more
- Kia Vies To Become Industry’s Mass-Market Maker of EVs (3/20/2019)- The Korean brand says that it's uniquely positioned to bring EVs to the masses. Nearly every carmaker showed off EVs at this month's Geneva Motor Show. But there was only one brand in Geneva – Tesla wasn't there – that can make all these claims: Multiple long-range EVs today on sale today ...read more
- Ford Says Electric Mustang-Inspired SUV Will Challenge Tesla Model Y (3/20/2019)- According to Ford, the two vehicles could even arrive on the market at the same time. Ford says that its first dedicated electric car, which will be a Mustang-inspired plug-in crossover, will be positioned to compete with the recently revealed Tesla Model Y. If you recall, Ford posted a tweet in the ...read more