The Seattle Electric Vehicle Association (SEVA) is an all-volunteer group of Seattle-area folks who are passionate about all things having to do with electric cars. Our members run the gamut from brand new Tesla owners to folks who have been converting old gasoline cars since the 1980’s.
We participate in car shows, educational events and political events having to do with electric vehicle legislation. But we mostly get together to have some plain, old fun at our free monthly meetings and by simply driving around on our zero-emission wheels.
SEVA also serves as a gateway to the latest press and information on and about electric vehicles. Jump on in to see what’s happening in the world of electric cars!
Car Shows and “EVents” 2019
- ONGOING:Tesla Owners Club of the PNW (TOCPNW) has an events calendar up: https://tocpnw.org/events/
Some events are private, but some are open to the public, and in fact some are meant as outreach. Not all are local..
Winter Driving Tips for EVs
It’s that time of year again, when we start getting those panicky calls for help:
“What happened to my electric car — I’m sure in the middle of summer my range was much greater than this! My batteries must be dying*already* or my motor, or something!”
So, let’s go over again all the reasons — some controllable — why electric cars “lose range” in the fall and “lose range”:
1) Tire pressure. Tires represent about 5X more of an electric cars “energy budget” than a gas car — […read more…]
SEVA in the News:
On August 7, 2018, SEVA Members joined Governor Jay Inslee and local dignitaries to open the first DC Fast Charger that was funded with monies from the EV Registration fees paid by Washington State drivers. This money was leveraged 4:1 with private sector investment, and provides both needed additional capacity and some redundancy to bolster the small number of existing DC Fast chargers around Tacoma.
On March 28, 2018, SEVA President Emeritus Steve Lough was interviewed by King 5 about Washington State’s Pay-By-Mile Pilot Program and how that might negatively or positivELY affect the electric vehicles owners.
- On June 18, 2017, The Seattle Times AUTO Section featured a lengthy article called “Batteries Included! Seattle Electric Vehicle Assocation Leads the Charge” (by Tom Voelk)about SEVA’s 37-year history promoting electric vehicles in the Puget Sound Region. Thank you, Tom, and Seattle Times! Click here to read article.
FEDERAL ELECTRIC VEHICLE TAX INCENTIVES For 2019
For TESLA only:
|Federal Tax Credit||For Vehicles Delivered|
|$7500||On or before December 31, 2018|
|$3750||January 1-June 30, 2019|
|$1,875||June 30, 2019-December 31, 2019|
For ALL OTHER electric vehicle brands:
|Federal Tax Credit||For Vehicles Delivered|
|$7500||Until automakers of each separate, respective brand hit the 200,000 unit sales mark. See link below for more info.|
Washington STATE Alternative fuel vehicle sales tax exemption ENDED May 31, 2018
The Department of Revenue has notified the Washington State Auto Dealers Association that the alternative fuel vehicle sales tax exemption will end on May 31. To have received this tax exemption, your vehicle must have been delivered on or before May 31, 2018.
If you are received your vehicle after May 31, 2018, you will be required to pay all applicable sales taxes.
EV News Headlines
- XL produces plug-in hybrid Ford F-250 pickup (3/25/2019)- XL, a Boston-based manufacturer of electric fleet vehicles, unveiled a plug-in hybrid Ford Super Duty F-250 pickup truck at the NTEA Work Truck Show in Indianapolis. This hybrid F-250 joins XL's XLP Ford F-150 that the company began shipping in 2018. XL reports that, on initial assessment, the XLP F-250 truck ...read more
- New book: the Dieselgate scandal was not an isolated incident, was not a secret, and is not over (3/25/2019)- The “Dieselgate scandal,” or as we like to call it, the “dirty diesel debacle,” was a catalytic event (pun intended). It led to some major changes at Volkswagen, and shook up the European auto market. However, only time will tell how much of this change will prove to be permanent. The ...read more
- Number Of Identified Tesla Model 3 Orders In Europe Now 27,000 (3/25/2019)- Even at 10,000 a month, that figure should take a while to fill According to the voluntary dataset of Tesla Model 3 orders placed in Europe, more than 27,000 orders were identified (27,119 as of March 25, 2019) compared to about 20,000 in the beginning of February. As the numbers are ...read more
- Ford F-150 Electric Pickup Truck Spotted In Swirly Camo (3/25/2019)- There's an exhaust pipe, but it doesn't connect to anything. New spy shots provide a fresh look at the development of the Ford F-150 EV. InsideEVs.com previously saw it testing in early February. More Truck ...read more
- See The Inside Of The Hypercharger Ultra-Fast Charger: Video (3/25/2019)- Modern DC fast charger needs to be modular and upgradable Bjørn Nyland recently took the opportunity at the Norwegian EV summit to check the inside of Fortum‘s ultra-fast charger, produced by Italian company Hypercharger. Those new devices are getting better and better over time. Ten years ago we saw only simple 50 ...read more