The Seattle Electric Vehicle Association (SEVA) is an all-volunteer group of Seattle-area folks who are passionate about all things having to do with electric cars. Our members run the gamut from brand new Tesla owners to folks who have been converting old gasoline cars since the 1980’s.
We participate in car shows, educational events and political events having to do with electric vehicle legislation. But we mostly get together to have some plain, old fun at our free monthly meetings and by simply driving around on our zero-emission wheels.
SEVA also serves as a gateway to the latest press and information on and about electric vehicles. Jump on in to see what’s happening in the world of electric cars!
Car Shows and “EVents”
We LOVE car shows and participate in many during any given year. We also display at other local festivals as well when invited! Shows are great places to come out and learn about electric vehicles of all types. Below are some upcoming shows:
SPRING 2018 SHOWS
- April 18th North Seattle Community College Earth Day
- April 19th Bellevue College’s Earth Day
- April 19th: University of Washington: Bothell Campus Earth Day
- April 21st: City of Bellevue Earth Day
Winter Driving Tips For EVs
Fall 2017 : Update on Washington State Sales Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles
SEVA in the News
On Sunday, June 18, 2017, The Seattle Times AUTO Section featured a lengthy article called “Batteries Included! Seattle Electric Vehicle Assocation Leads the Charge” (by Tom Voelk) about SEVA’s 37-year history promoting electric vehicles in the Puget Sound Region. Thank you, Tom, and Seattle Times! Click here to read article.
EV News Headlines
- Tesla Is Redefining The Automotive Industry (2/22/2018) - NEW PARADIGM: HERE'S HOW TESLA REDEFINES THE AUTO BUSINESS Tesla's original mission was to electrify the world's transportation system. Along the way, that expanded into a reboot of the entire automotive industry. By the time it's all over, Tesla will have redefined not just the way cars are fueled, but... ...read more
- Electric Mini E Not Entering Production Until November 2019 (2/22/2018) - Mini presented the all-electric concept at the 2018 Canadian International AutoShow in Toronto but we are still around two years from its market launch. According to Debra Tovell, Product Manager of MINI and BMW Group Canada, production of the electric Mini will begin in November 2019. “2019 has always been... ...read more
- Formula E Grid To Expand Next Season (2/22/2018) - The Formula E grid is set to expand to 11 teams next season, before Porsche and Mercedes join in 2019. Factory entries from the two German giants are already confirmed for the 2019/20 season, but Motorsport.com has learned the grid is to be taken beyond 10 entries sooner by an ...read more
- Daimler eActros Electric Truck Begins Customer Trials (2/22/2018) - Mercedes-Benz Trucks boasts that it has become the first manufacturer in the world with a heavy-duty electric truck by introducing the Mercedes-Benz eActros. The German manufacturer converted the Actros, using experience from the Mercedes-Benz Urban eTruck prototype from 2016. The truck is equipped with a 240 kWh battery pack, good ...read more
- New Volvo V60 To Get 2 PHEV Variants (2/22/2018) - Volvo just introduced the beautiful, all-new V60 versatile family wagon that just so happens to have two plug-in hybrid powertrain options. The V60 is the fifth Volvo based on the SPA platform offered as a plug-in hybrid (after the XC90, S90, V90 and XC60). The two plug-ins are top of... ...read more