The Seattle Electric Vehicle Association (SEVA) is an all-volunteer group of Seattle-area folks who are passionate about all things having to do with electric cars. Our members run the gamut from brand new Tesla owners to folks who have been converting old gasoline cars since the 1980’s.
We participate in car shows, educational events and political events having to do with electric vehicle legislation. But we mostly get together to have some plain, old fun at our free monthly meetings and by simply driving around on our zero-emission wheels.
SEVA also serves as a gateway to the latest press and information on and about electric vehicles. Jump on in to see what’s happening in the world of electric cars!
Due to the inclement weather being experienced in the Seattle Region, the FEBRUARY 2019 SEVA MONTHLY MEETING IS CANCELLED. Again, we will NOT be meeting on Tuesday, Feb 12 as we want everyone to stay safe and not do any necessary driving. SEE YOU NEXT MONTH ON MARCH 12, 2019 Thx- The SEVA Board
Car Shows and “EVents”: November-December 2018
- ONGOING:Tesla Owners Club of the PNW (TOCPNW) has an events calendar up: https://tocpnw.org/events/
Some events are private, but some are open to the public, and in fact some are meant as outreach. Not all are local..
Winter Driving Tips for EVs
It’s that time of year again, when we start getting those panicky calls for help:
“What happened to my electric car — I’m sure in the middle of summer my range was much greater than this! My batteries must be dying*already* or my motor, or something!”
So, let’s go over again all the reasons — some controllable — why electric cars “lose range” in the fall and “lose range”:
1) Tire pressure. Tires represent about 5X more of an electric cars “energy budget” than a gas car — […read more…]
SEVA in the News:
On August 7, 2018, SEVA Members joined Governor Jay Inslee and local dignitaries to open the first DC Fast Charger that was funded with monies from the EV Registration fees paid by Washington State drivers. This money was leveraged 4:1 with private sector investment, and provides both needed additional capacity and some redundancy to bolster the small number of existing DC Fast chargers around Tacoma.
On March 28, 2018, SEVA President Emeritus Steve Lough was interviewed by King 5 about Washington State’s Pay-By-Mile Pilot Program and how that might negatively or positivELY affect the electric vehicles owners.
- On June 18, 2017, The Seattle Times AUTO Section featured a lengthy article called “Batteries Included! Seattle Electric Vehicle Assocation Leads the Charge” (by Tom Voelk)about SEVA’s 37-year history promoting electric vehicles in the Puget Sound Region. Thank you, Tom, and Seattle Times! Click here to read article.
FEDERAL ELECTRIC VEHICLE TAX INCENTIVES For 2019
For TESLA only:
|Federal Tax Credit||For Vehicles Delivered|
|$7500||On or before December 31, 2018|
|$3750||January 1-June 30, 2019|
|$1,875||June 30, 2019-December 31, 2019|
For ALL OTHER electric vehicle brands:
|Federal Tax Credit||For Vehicles Delivered|
|$7500||Until automakers of each separate, respective brand hit the 200,000 unit sales mark. See link below for more info.|
Washington STATE Alternative fuel vehicle sales tax exemption ENDED May 31, 2018
The Department of Revenue has notified the Washington State Auto Dealers Association that the alternative fuel vehicle sales tax exemption will end on May 31. To have received this tax exemption, your vehicle must have been delivered on or before May 31, 2018.
If you are received your vehicle after May 31, 2018, you will be required to pay all applicable sales taxes.
EV News Headlines
- 2019 Chevy Bolt EV Test Drive & Review: Video (2/20/2019)- It's the EV that's painless to switch to. The Chevy Bolt is not a Tesla Model 3 and here that's an advantage. Basically, you step into a Bolt EV and you're right at home. No learning curve here. ...read more
- Tesla Model 3: Ceramic Coating Versus Clear Bra: Video (2/20/2019)- So many choices these days… Which one is right for you? Or, rather, which should you apply to your car? More Obsessive Detailing ...read more
- Tesla Model X Hits Autobahn For High-Speed Run: Video (2/20/2019)- Let's go super fast in an SUV. Said nobody…ever. Well, we're still gonna give it a shot, even though it makes almost no sense at all. More Model X News ...read more
- Cold Weather Electric Car Tips: Maximize Your EV For Winter (2/20/2019)- Thrive, don't just survive the winter in your EV! There's been a good amount of negative press about EVs recently, specifically about how the Polar Vortex contributed to range problems for many owners. It's true that electric vehicles experience a reduction of their driving range in temperature extremes, both cold and ...read more
- Rivian R1T Specs, Features & More Highlighted In New Video (2/20/2019)- R1T electric truck exposed in detail. The Rivian R1T is the hottest (only? – we're not quite convinced by the Atlis XT electric truck) electric pickup truck in the world right now. More Pickup Truck News ...read more