The Seattle Electric Vehicle Association (SEVA) is an all-volunteer group of Seattle-area folks who are passionate about all things having to do with electric cars. Our members run the gamut from brand new Tesla owners to folks who have been converting old gasoline carssince the 1980’s.
We participate in car shows, educational events and political events having to do with electric vehicle legislation. But we mostly get together to have some plain, old fun at our free monthly meetings and by simply driving around on our zero-emission wheels.
SEVA also serves as a gateway to the latest press and information on and about electric vehicles. Jump on in to see what’s happening in the world of electric cars!
Car Shows and “EVents”: Fall 2018
- ONGOING:Tesla Owners Club of the PNW (TOCPNW) has an events calendar up: https://tocpnw.org/events/
Some events are private, but some are open to the public, and in fact some are meant as outreach. Not all are local..
- Sept 22th: Sustainable Ballard Festival (Seattle, WA) www.sustainableballard.org/festival/
- Sept 30th: Snohomish Car Show sponsor is Bickford Ford. Ford EVs and conversions encouraged, lots of categories for prizes see linksnohomishcoc.com/classiccardisplay/
THANK YOU FOR A FABULOUS NATIONAL DRIVE ELECTRIC WEEK Sept 8-16th! Thousands of electric vehicle drivers and enthusiasts in Washington State participated in a record number of free events presented by volunteers around the state to highlight the environmental benefits, high performance and cost-savings of electric cars during the week of Sept. 8-16, 2018. Click here to see what events happened and where!
SEVA in the News:
On August 7, 2018, SEVA Members joined Governor Jay Inslee and local dignitaries to open the first DC Fast Charger that was funded with monies from the EV Registration fees paid by Washington State drivers. This money was leveraged 4:1 with private sector investment, and provides both needed additional capacity and some redundancy to bolster the small number of existing DC Fast chargers around Tacoma.
On March 28, 2018, SEVA President Emeritus Steve Lough was interviewed by King 5 about Washington State’s Pay-By-Mile Pilot Program and how that might negatively or positivELY affect the electric vehicles owners.
- On June 18, 2017, The Seattle Times AUTO Section featured a lengthy article called “Batteries Included! Seattle Electric Vehicle Assocation Leads the Charge” (by Tom Voelk)about SEVA’s 37-year history promoting electric vehicles in the Puget Sound Region. Thank you, Tom, and Seattle Times! Click here to read article.
Alternative fuel vehicle sales tax exemption ENDED May 31, 2018
The Department of Revenue has notified the Washington State Auto Dealers Association that the alternative fuel vehicle sales tax exemption will end on May 31. To have received this tax exemption, your vehicle must have been delivered on or before May 31, 2018.
If you are received your vehicle after May 31, 2018, you will be required to pay all applicable sales taxes.
EV News Headlines
- Porsche dealers will have to share the cost of fast chargers (10/21/2018) - Back in March, a Porsche exec said that the brand expected to make a profit from its planned network of fast chargers, a comment that was met with much skepticism in the EV industry. Now the company is sending a rather different message, saying that its US dealers will be ...read more
- Bollinger Motors announces electric pickup truck (10/21/2018) - Bollinger Motors (profiled in the May/June 2018 issue of Charged) is building a “no-nonsense back-to-basics all-electric sport utility truck” that fills a gap in the current EV market. The Bollinger B1 is built for the farm or the job site, a rugged work truck designed to haul large, heavy objects. As ...read more
- The New Tech Headache Formula E Teams Must Solve (10/21/2018) - Formula E enters a new era with its Gen2 car, and one aspect of the technology changes is causing unease among drivers and teams ahead of pre-season testing. Is FE about to become too easy? One of the hallmarks of Formula E action during its Gen1 era was the challenge the ...read more
- Lithium Werks To Build Battery Gigafactory In China (10/21/2018) - Another day, another battery gigafactory announcement Lithium Werks, a Dutch energy storage company, is the latest who would like to catch onto the growing demand for lithium-ion batteries and announced a battery gigafactory project. The idea is to build a new plant in China for €1.6 billion ($1.85 billion). We believe that ...read more
- Nissan “Very Unhappy” About Formula E Driver’s Bid To Leave (10/21/2018) - The Nissan e.dams Formula E squad is “very unhappy” at the situation surrounding Alexander Albon's possible 2019 Formula 1 move to Toro Rosso, according to team principal Jean-Paul Driot. Nissan had signed 2018 Formula 2 title contender Albon, who races for e.dams' DAMS arm in the F1 support series, to a ...read more