The Seattle Electric Vehicle Association (SEVA) is an all-volunteer group of Seattle-area folks who are passionate about all things having to do with electric cars. Our members run the gamut from brand new Tesla owners to folks who have been converting old gasoline cars since the 1980’s.
We participate in car shows, educational events and political events having to do with electric vehicle legislation. But we mostly get together to have some plain, old fun at our free monthly meetings and by simply driving around on our zero-emission wheels.
SEVA also serves as a gateway to the latest press and information on and about electric vehicles. Jump on in to see what’s happening in the world of electric cars!
Car Shows and “EVents” 2019!
- ONGOING: Tesla Owners Club of the PNW (TOCPNW) has an events calendar up: https://tocpnw.org/events/
Some events are private, but some are open to the public, and in fact some are meant as outreach. Not all are local.
- Fri Apr 26: Bellevue Community College Earth Day 10Am-2PM. Contact Jay Donnaway to sign up.
- Sat May 5: National Drive Electric Week Spring Car Show 9AM-3PM Triple XXX Burgers ~ 98 NE Gilman Blvd ~ Issaquah, WA 98207. Sign up at National Drive Electric Week
- Sun Jun 16: Burien Father’s Day Car Show. 10AM-4PM. Contact Grace Reamer to sign up.
- Sat Jun 29: Greenwood Car Show 8 AM-4 PM (Contact Mark Schiller or sign up on-line at https://www.greenwoodcarshow.com/vehicle-registration
- Sat Jul 27: Northwest Solar Festival at Shoreline Community College 10 AM-5PM. Contact Grace Reamer (gvreamer at gmail doht com) to sign up.
- Sat Aug 31: Le May Merrimount Family Show (Spanaway, WA.) Contact Lee Zurligen (leezurligan at gmail doht com) to sign up.
- Sat September 14- Sun September 22: National Drive Electric Week. Venues TBD
SEVA in the News:
On August 7, 2018, SEVA Members joined Governor Jay Inslee and local dignitaries to open the first DC Fast Charger that was funded with monies from the EV Registration fees paid by Washington State drivers. This money was leveraged 4:1 with private sector investment, and provides both needed additional capacity and some redundancy to bolster the small number of existing DC Fast chargers around Tacoma.
On March 28, 2018, SEVA President Emeritus Steve Lough was interviewed by King 5 about Washington State’s Pay-By-Mile Pilot Program and how that might negatively or positivELY affect the electric vehicles owners.
- On June 18, 2017, The Seattle Times AUTO Section featured a lengthy article called “Batteries Included! Seattle Electric Vehicle Assocation Leads the Charge” (by Tom Voelk)about SEVA’s 37-year history promoting electric vehicles in the Puget Sound Region. Thank you, Tom, and Seattle Times! Click here to read article.
FEDERAL ELECTRIC VEHICLE TAX INCENTIVES For 2019
For TESLA only:
|Federal Tax Credit||For Vehicles Delivered|
|$7500||On or before December 31, 2018|
|$3750||January 1-June 30, 2019|
|$1,875||June 30, 2019-December 31, 2019|
For ALL OTHER electric vehicle brands:
|Federal Tax Credit||For Vehicles Delivered|
|$7500||Until automakers of each separate, respective brand hit the 200,000 unit sales mark. See link below for more info.|
Washington STATE Alternative fuel vehicle sales tax exemption ENDED May 31, 2018
The Department of Revenue has notified the Washington State Auto Dealers Association that the alternative fuel vehicle sales tax exemption will end on May 31. To have received this tax exemption, your vehicle must have been delivered on or before May 31, 2018.
If you are received your vehicle after May 31, 2018, you will be required to pay all applicable sales taxes.
EV News Headlines
- Combined EV Sales In U.S. & Europe Less Than Half Of China In Q1 (4/20/2019)- In terms of BEV, sales China is second to none The Chinese plug-in electric market, and all-electric in particular, gradually expanded to a level that is now totally out of reach for the U.S. and Europe, even if we combine the two. In fact, China can now overcome the entire world ...read more
- Renault Announces Experimental Last-Mile Delivery Van EZ-FLEX (4/20/2019)- With EZ-FLEX, Renault tries to imagine the future of urban delivery Renault will present at the upcoming VIVA Technology fair (from 16 to 18 May 2019) at Paris Expo Porte de Versailles (France) its all new electric delivery van Renault EZ-FLEX. It's designed for the last-mile urban deliveries (50 km per day ...read more
- Nissan’s Supplier AESC To Build 20 GWh Battery Factory In China (4/20/2019)- AESC to increase production capacity from 7.5 GWh to 27.5 GWh annually Automotive Energy Supply Corporation (AESC), Nissan‘s subsidiary recently sold* to Envision Group, is going to more than triple its lithium-ion cell manufacturing capacity. * according to Bloomberg, Nissan still holds about 20% stake in AESC. Under the new Chinese owner, AESC ...read more
- In March 2019 Jaguar Sold Over 2,000 I-PACE (4/20/2019)- During the past 12 months, Jaguar delivered over 11,000 I-PACE Jaguar I-PACE sales reported by the manufacturer increased in March to a near-record level of 2,044, which turns out to be 8.4% of total volume for the brand globally. Hopefully, the output will continue to increase or at least stay above 2,000 ...read more
- Nissan LEAF Is Fastest Selling Used Car In UK (4/20/2019)- Alternatively-fuelled vehicles are doing well on the second-hand market. These days more than 70 percent of used car buyers are considering an electric car when it comes to their next purchase. Battery-powered vehicles are so popular these days in fact that the Nissan Leaf – the best selling electric car in the ...read more