The Seattle Electric Vehicle Association (SEVA) is an all-volunteer group of Seattle-area folks who are passionate about all things having to do with electric cars. Our members run the gamut from brand new Tesla owners to folks who have been converting old gasoline cars since the 1980’s.
We participate in car shows, educational events and political events having to do with electric vehicle legislation. But we mostly get together to have some plain, old fun at our free monthly meetings and by simply driving around on our zero-emission wheels.
SEVA also serves as a gateway to the latest press and information on and about electric vehicles. Jump on in to see what’s happening in the world of electric cars!
Car Shows and “EVents”
We LOVE car shows and participate in many during any given year. We also display at other local festivals as well when invited! Shows are great places to come out and learn about electric vehicles of all types. See our calendar page for a list of recent past shows. Meanwhile, 2018 show schedules are brewing.
Winter Driving Tips For EVs
Fall 2017 : Update on Washington State Sales Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles
SEVA in the News
On Sunday, June 18, 2017, The Seattle Times AUTO Section featured a lengthy article called “Batteries Included! Seattle Electric Vehicle Assocation Leads the Charge” (by Tom Voelk) about SEVA’s 37-year history promoting electric vehicles in the Puget Sound Region. Thank you, Tom, and Seattle Times! Click here to read article.
EV News Headlines
- Cummins Acquires Brammo To Gain Access To Energy Storage Technology (12/14/2017) - If you ever wondered how Cummins developed its battery solutions for electric trucks and buses so rapidly, here we probably have one of the answers. Cummins initially established partnerships with third parties like TM4 for electric motors, and then acquired the assets of Brammo to bring energy storage technology in ...read more
- Formula E Podcast – Make-Your-Own Battery Delay, Plus Thoughts On Season Opener (12/14/2017) - News that battery competition has been delayed, and what we learned from the Formula E 2017/18 season opener in Hong Kong, are the subjects of the latest edition Autosport podcast, plus a little InsideEVs mention too. Scott Mitchell and Anthony Rowlinson, who were both in Hong Kong, join Edd Straw... ...read more
- Jaguar I-Pace Range Test – Video + Images (12/14/2017) - Jaguar is almost ready for the market launch of its first all-electric model, the I-PACE, that was shown recently at the Los Angeles Auto Show. The British company built more than 200 production prototypes that completed 1.5 million miles and 11,000 hours of component rig testing. “One year on from... ...read more
- There’s Really No Consensus Designing Electric Vehicles (12/14/2017) - HOW SHOULD AUTOMAKERS DESIGN THEIR ELECTRIC VEHICLES? THERE'S NO CONSENSUS. Most consumer products tend to become more uniform as their market matures. You'd be hard-pressed to find much practical difference among appliances, computers, or even smartphones, from different brands. That's because, over the years, companies learn what features are important... ...read more
- Range Rover P400e at The 2017 Los Angeles Auto Show – Photos & Videos (12/14/2017) - Jaguar Land Rover unveiled at the 2017 Los Angeles Auto Show the first plug-in hybrid Land Rover – Range Rover P400e (see report here), scheduled for market launch in 2019. It will be one of just a few high-end plug-in hybrid SUVs on the market. Check out our test drive... ...read more