The Seattle Electric Vehicle Association (SEVA) is an all-volunteer group of Seattle-area folks who are passionate about all things having to do with electric cars. Our members run the gamut from brand new Tesla owners to folks who have been converting old gasoline cars since the 1980’s.
We participate in car shows, educational events and political events having to do with electric vehicle legislation. But we mostly get together to have some plain, old fun at our free monthly meetings and by simply driving around on our zero-emission wheels.
SEVA also serves as a gateway to the latest press and information on and about electric vehicles. Jump on in to see what’s happening in the world of electric cars!
Upcoming Car Shows and “EVents”
We LOVE car shows and participate in many during any given year. We also display at other local festivals as well when invited!
Shows are great places to come out and learn about electric vehicles of all types. Our members are happy to talk about their vehicles, whether home-done conversions or product in vehicles. Come on by!
- August 26th: West Seattle Car Show (Seattle, WA) South Seattle College, 6000 16th Ave SW in the NORTH Parking Lot 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Also August 26th: Space Elevator Family Science Fest (Seattle, WA) The Museum of Flight 9404 East Marginal Way S. Seattle, WA 98108 10am-3pm
- September 9th : Sustainable Ballard Festival (Seattle, WA: Ballard Commons Park ) As in years past, SEVA will have some cars present at this neighborhood mini-Green festival!
- September 24th: 21 Acres Center For Local Food Harvest and”Get Squashed” Festival 13701 NE 171 St, Woodinville, WA 10am-4pm.
- September 30th Salmon Days (Issaquah, WA) Contact SEVA Secretary Kevin Boze to sign up.
SEVA in the News
On Sunday, June 18, 2017, The Seattle Times AUTO Section featured a lengthy article called “Batteries Included! Seattle Electric Vehicle Assocation Leads the Charge” (by Tom Voelk) about SEVA’s 37-year history promoting electric vehicles in the Puget Sound Region. Thank you, Tom, and Seattle Times! Click here to read article.
EV News Headlines
- China to build many gigafactories’ worth of electric-car battery plants (9/25/2017) - While the United States federal government threatens to backslide on renewable energy, California and China continue to move at an aggressive pace to lead the world in zero-emission vehicles. However, there's another piece to the electric-car puzzle that China seems poised to lead as well: battery production. As the global ...read more
- Watch As Snow Falls On 2018 Nissan LEAF, Plus Dyno/Acoustic Testing In Action (9/25/2017) - Every so often we come across something electric car related that's simply too cool not to share. And being the light-hearted site that we are (or strive to be at times), we figure big news isn't always needed – sometimes just something kinda obscure will fit the bill. That's the... ...read more
- CT dealer incentive for electric-car sales works, could be improved: report (9/25/2017) - Connecticut ushered in a unique electric-car incentive in 2014, and the first points of data on its effectiveness have now been published. The Connecitcut Hydrogen and Electric Automobile Purchase Rebate (CHEAPR) program not only provides a direct incentive for consumers to buy electric cars, it also awards cash to the ...read more
- What will happen to U.S. fuel-economy rules through 2025? Poll results (9/25/2017) - With the election of Donald Trump as U.S. president last November, it became clear that the regulatory environment for businesses would change once he took office. Indeed, dozens of regulations limiting corporate activities involving emissions, fossil-fuel exploration, hiring and firing, and a host of other issues have been eliminated or ...read more
- President Of Belarus Drives A Tesla Model S, Urges Local Automakers To Be Like Tesla (9/25/2017) - Belarus President Alexander Lukashenko revealed that automobiles have been his hobby for a long time, and as one might expect, he hopes Belarus will develop EVs. Lukashenko recently tested the Tesla Model S (video above – fair note: one might need to speak Belarusian…or at least Russian to understand ...read more