The Seattle Electric Vehicle Association (SEVA) is an all-volunteer group of Seattle-area folks who are passionate about all things having to do with electric cars. Our members run the gamut from brand new Tesla owners to folks who have been converting old gasoline cars since the 1980’s.
We participate in car shows, educational events and political events having to do with electric vehicle legislation. But we mostly get together to have some plain, old fun at our free monthly meetings and by simply driving around on our zero-emission wheels.
SEVA also serves as a gateway to the latest press and information on and about electric vehicles. Jump on in to see what’s happening in the world of electric cars!
Car Shows and “EVents”
We LOVE car shows and participate in many during any given year. We also display at other local festivals as well when invited! Shows are great places to come out and learn about electric vehicles of all types. See our calendar page for a list of recent past shows. Meanwhile, 2018 show schedules are brewing.
Winter Driving Tips For EVs
Fall 2017 : Update on Washington State Sales Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles
SEVA in the News
On Sunday, June 18, 2017, The Seattle Times AUTO Section featured a lengthy article called “Batteries Included! Seattle Electric Vehicle Assocation Leads the Charge” (by Tom Voelk) about SEVA’s 37-year history promoting electric vehicles in the Puget Sound Region. Thank you, Tom, and Seattle Times! Click here to read article.
EV News Headlines
- Honda Clarity, BMW i3 REx driven; battery costs fall; electric car fight; tax credit lives: The Week in Reverse (12/16/2017) - Which country may wipe the floor with the U.S. in the global race among makers of electric cars? What car may pose a significant threat to the Chevrolet Volt plug-in hybrid? This is our look back at the Week In Reverse—right here at Green Car Reports—for the week ending on ...read more
- Fully Charged Test Drives 2018 Nissan LEAF in Yokohama – Video (12/16/2017) - Nissan made available a fleet of LEAFs for test drives in its home city of Yokohama in Japan. Fully Charged's Jonny Smith took the opportunity to check out the new Nissan LEAF in Yokohama and shares his impressions The main conclusions are that this is a mainstream electric car, with... ...read more
- Rimac’s Tesla Roadster Rival Will Pack A Punch, Plus 5 New Showrooms Coming To U.S. In 2018 (12/16/2017) - And the company will open up five new showrooms, too. The new Tesla Roadster concept promised impressive performance when it debuted just a month or so ago; a top speed of 250+ miles per hour (402 kilometers per hour), a range of 620 miles (997 kilometers), and a 0-60 mph ...read more
- Teslanomics Examines True Cost Of New Tesla Roadster – Video (12/16/2017) - Ben Sullins is working his Teslanomics magic yet again to figure out the true cost of the upcoming, second-generation Tesla Roadster. The Silicon Valley automaker went from expensive (original Roadster, Model S, Model X), to more expensive with upgrades like the P100D models, to the inexpensive Model 3 (well … ...read more
- Toyota To Launch New Electric Car In China In 2020 (12/15/2017) - Toyota announced three areas of electrification for China in the upcoming future from Auto Guangzhou 2017, specifically plug-in hybrids, all-electric … and of course, hydrogen fuel cells. The Japanese manufacturer already offers conventional, domestically produced hybrids – the Corolla Hybrid and Levin Hybrid. In 2017, roughly 100,000 units of ...read more