The Seattle Electric Vehicle Association (SEVA) is an all-volunteer group of Seattle-area folks who are passionate about all things having to do with electric cars. Our members run the gamut from brand new Tesla owners to folks who have been converting old gasoline cars since the 1980’s.
We participate in car shows, educational events and political events having to do with electric vehicle legislation. But we mostly get together to have some plain, old fun at our free monthly meetings and by simply driving around on our zero-emission wheels.
SEVA also serves as a gateway to the latest press and information on and about electric vehicles. Jump on in to see what’s happening in the world of electric cars!
Car Shows and “EVents”
We LOVE car shows and participate in many during any given year. We also display at other local festivals as well when invited! Shows are great places to come out and learn about electric vehicles of all types. See our calendar page for a list of recent past shows. Meanwhile, 2018 show schedules are brewing.
Winter Driving Tips For EVs
Fall 2017 : Update on Washington State Sales Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles
SEVA in the News
On Sunday, June 18, 2017, The Seattle Times AUTO Section featured a lengthy article called “Batteries Included! Seattle Electric Vehicle Assocation Leads the Charge” (by Tom Voelk) about SEVA’s 37-year history promoting electric vehicles in the Puget Sound Region. Thank you, Tom, and Seattle Times! Click here to read article.
EV News Headlines
- Enevate Claims Its Battery Can Recharge At 10 C, 5 Minute Recharge Nets 240 Miles (12/17/2017) - Enevate Corporation, which we first spotted on the battery start-up radar two years ago (here and here), has announced a breakthrough in battery cells for electric vehicles. (and yes, we are aware how often we have reported such claims.) According to the Enevate, its new HD-Energy Technology NCM-based cells ...read more
- Porsche’s Second Electric Vehicle Likely To Be Macan (12/17/2017) - At Porsche, electrification is already happening as two out of three Panameras sold in Europe are hybrids. We all know the fully electric Mission E will be out by the end of the decade, but what will come after it? Well, it definitely won't be an EV based on the... ...read more
- Boring Company Expected To Begin 12.4-Mile Maryland Dig Next Month (12/17/2017) - The Boring Company continues to make aggressive progress with its plans in multiple locations. It all started with some digging in the SpaceX parking lot after Tesla CEO Elon Musk went public with his grand plans for underground travel. Now, that project has received multiple additional approvals and could eventually... ...read more
- Disassembly And Breakdown Of The 2017 Toyota Prius Li-Ion Battery Video (12/17/2017) - Professor John D. Kelly of the Weber State University (WSU) – Department of Automotive Technology, has released a great (although not in a ‘edge of your seat' excitement kind of way) video about the lithium-ion battery found in the 4th generation Toyota Prius. Most of the video is focused on... ...read more
- New Tesla Supercharger Fair Use Policy Deters Commercial Charging (12/17/2017) - The new Tesla Supercharger Fair Use Policy will apply to all global Superchargers, as well as all vehicles purchased/leased after December 15, 2017. Unfortunately, all Tesla vehicles acquired prior to the specified date don't have to adhere to the new policy. However, it does include vehicles acquired through any type ...read more