The Seattle Electric Vehicle Association (SEVA) is an all-volunteer group of Seattle-area folks who are passionate about all things having to do with electric cars. Our members run the gamut from brand new Tesla owners to folks who have been converting old gasoline cars since the 1980’s.
We participate in car shows, educational events and political events having to do with electric vehicle legislation. But we mostly get together to have some plain, old fun at our free monthly meetings and by simply driving around on our zero-emission wheels.
SEVA also serves as a gateway to the latest press and information on and about electric vehicles. Jump on in to see what’s happening in the world of electric cars!
Upcoming Car Shows and “EVents”
We LOVE car shows and participate in many during any given year. We also display at other local festivals as well when invited!
Shows are great places to come out and learn about electric vehicles of all types. Our members are happy to talk about their vehicles, whether home-done conversions or product in vehicles. Come on by!
- August 26th: West Seattle Car Show (Seattle, WA) South Seattle College, 6000 16th Ave SW in the NORTH Parking Lot 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Also August 26th: Space Elevator Family Science Fest (Seattle, WA) The Museum of Flight 9404 East Marginal Way S. Seattle, WA 98108 10am-3pm
- September 9th : Sustainable Ballard Festival (Seattle, WA: Ballard Commons Park ) As in years past, SEVA will have some cars present at this neighborhood mini-Green festival!
- September 24th: 21 Acres Center For Local Food Harvest and”Get Squashed” Festival 13701 NE 171 St, Woodinville, WA 10am-4pm.
- September 30th Salmon Days (Issaquah, WA) Contact SEVA Secretary Kevin Boze to sign up.
SEVA in the News
On Sunday, June 18, 2017, The Seattle Times AUTO Section featured a lengthy article called “Batteries Included! Seattle Electric Vehicle Assocation Leads the Charge” (by Tom Voelk) about SEVA’s 37-year history promoting electric vehicles in the Puget Sound Region. Thank you, Tom, and Seattle Times! Click here to read article.
EV News Headlines
- Tesla service vehicles going electric (10/19/2017) - If you have a problem with your Tesla, the company may be able to fix it right in your driveway. Tesla says its Mobile Service (formerly known as Rangers) can fix over 80% of issues, using the equipment and parts carried in its service vans. There's just one problem with ...read more
- Polish city to deploy 47 e-buses and citywide charging network (10/19/2017) - Public transport operator MZK in the Polish city of Zielona Góra is planning to electrify 47 buses – 60% of the city's fleet – and has chosen local firm Ekoenergetyka-Polska to supply the charging infrastructure The 4-million-euro project is the biggest of its kind in Poland. MZK will deploy multi-output e-bus ...read more
- Hyundai Mobis Develops Two-Way EV Charger, Enabling V2G To “Fill Up the City” (10/19/2017) - Hyundai Mobis has announced the development of a two-way on-board charger (V2G) for future electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles. It's not clear at this point whether Hyundai Mobis ultimately will be supplying those chargers for upcoming new Hyundai cars (like the new 200+ mile Kona EV), but the company believes ...read more
- Driver Massa Expected To Leave Formula 1 For Formula E (10/19/2017) - Felipe Massa says he will head to Formula E if he does not stay extend his stay in Formula 1 next season. The Brazilian retired from F1 at the end of last year, only to be persuaded to rejoin Williams when Valtteri Bottas left for Mercedes. He said earlier this... ...read more
- UK Bill Would Make Chargers Mandatory At Gas Stations (10/19/2017) - UK's Department for Transport has announced a plan to require the installation of charging points for electric vehicle at motorway service stations, and at larger gas stations. There is already some 11,500 charging points in the UK today (mostly AC), but several thousand more located at gas stations would be... ...read more