The Seattle Electric Vehicle Association (SEVA) is an all-volunteer group of Seattle-area folks who are passionate about all things having to do with electric cars. Our members run the gamut from brand new Tesla owners to folks who have been converting old gasoline carssince the 1980’s.
We participate in car shows, educational events and political events having to do with electric vehicle legislation. But we mostly get together to have some plain, old fun at our free monthly meetings and by simply driving around on our zero-emission wheels.
SEVA also serves as a gateway to the latest press and information on and about electric vehicles. Jump on in to see what’s happening in the world of electric cars!
Car Shows and “EVents”: Fall 2018
- ONGOING:Tesla Owners Club of the PNW (TOCPNW) has an events calendar up: https://tocpnw.org/events/
Some events are private, but some are open to the public, and in fact some are meant as outreach. Not all are local..
- Sept 22th: Sustainable Ballard Festival (Seattle, WA) www.sustainableballard.org/festival/
- Sept 30th: Snohomish Car Show sponsor is Bickford Ford. Ford EVs and conversions encouraged, lots of categories for prizes see linksnohomishcoc.com/classiccardisplay/
THANK YOU FOR A FABULOUS NATIONAL DRIVE ELECTRIC WEEK Sept 8-16th! Thousands of electric vehicle drivers and enthusiasts in Washington State participated in a record number of free events presented by volunteers around the state to highlight the environmental benefits, high performance and cost-savings of electric cars during the week of Sept. 8-16, 2018. Click here to see what events happened and where!
SEVA in the News:
On August 7, 2018, SEVA Members joined Governor Jay Inslee and local dignitaries to open the first DC Fast Charger that was funded with monies from the EV Registration fees paid by Washington State drivers. This money was leveraged 4:1 with private sector investment, and provides both needed additional capacity and some redundancy to bolster the small number of existing DC Fast chargers around Tacoma.
On March 28, 2018, SEVA President Emeritus Steve Lough was interviewed by King 5 about Washington State’s Pay-By-Mile Pilot Program and how that might negatively or positivELY affect the electric vehicles owners.
- On June 18, 2017, The Seattle Times AUTO Section featured a lengthy article called “Batteries Included! Seattle Electric Vehicle Assocation Leads the Charge” (by Tom Voelk)about SEVA’s 37-year history promoting electric vehicles in the Puget Sound Region. Thank you, Tom, and Seattle Times! Click here to read article.
Alternative fuel vehicle sales tax exemption ENDED May 31, 2018
The Department of Revenue has notified the Washington State Auto Dealers Association that the alternative fuel vehicle sales tax exemption will end on May 31. To have received this tax exemption, your vehicle must have been delivered on or before May 31, 2018.
If you are received your vehicle after May 31, 2018, you will be required to pay all applicable sales taxes.
EV News Headlines
- Rural Chevy Bolt EV Owners On Texas Ranch: This Car Has Got Guts (10/20/2018) - “I want to be a cowboy baby! Where my Chevy Bolt's charged by the sunshine shinin'.” Harry and Elizabeth Akers are proud new owners of the Chevy Bolt EV. The couple lives in rural Merkel, Texas about 20 miles from Abilene and 200 miles west of Dallas. They own 200 acres ...read more
- BMW Discusses Range Of Future Electric Vehicles: Over 400 Miles (10/20/2018) - BMW aims to deliver a range to rival the likes of Tesla's Model S For BMW, the path to electrification has been slow. Even though the company stunned the world with its high-performance i8 and the city slick i3 models, both were just test beds for the Bavarian carmaker. Currently, there's ...read more
- Throttle House Reviews Hyundai Kona Electric & Nexo Fuel Cell: Video (10/20/2018) - Are these green Hyundai's worthy of a driving enthusiast? Our friends over at Throttle House were present at the recent Hyundai Kona Electric / Nexo fuel cell press drive event along with InsideEVs Brad Berman and myself. Brad and I have already posted our thoughts on both vehicles here, but I ...read more
- New Kia Soul EV Set To Debut At LA Auto Show (10/20/2018) - Sales of gas version scheduled to kick off in Q2 of 2019, EV shortly after. We've seen spy photos of the next-generation Kia Soul a couple of times in the last few months and it's only natural that a debut is imminent. Our friends from The Korean Cars Blog report the ...read more
- Construction Already Underway At Tesla Gigafactory 3 In China: Video (10/20/2018) - Here's your first view of the Tesla Gigafactory 3's physical location in Shanghai. Tesla enthusiasts already came upon the trail of the Tesla Gigafactory 3 location, announced just a few days ago in the Shanghai Lingang Equipment Industrial Zone in China. Here is the first video from the site. According to the ...read more