The Seattle Electric Vehicle Association (SEVA) is an all-volunteer group of Seattle-area folks who are passionate about all things having to do with electric cars. Our members run the gamut from brand new Tesla owners to folks who have been converting old gasoline cars since the 1980’s.
We participate in car shows, educational events and political events having to do with electric vehicle legislation. But we mostly get together to have some plain, old fun at our free monthly meetings and by simply driving around on our zero-emission wheels.
SEVA also serves as a gateway to the latest press and information on and about electric vehicles. Jump on in to see what’s happening in the world of electric cars!
Car Shows and “EVents”
We LOVE car shows and participate in many during any given year. We also display at other local festivals as well when invited! Shows are great places to come out and learn about electric vehicles of all types. See our calendar page for a list of recent past shows. Meanwhile, 2018 show schedules are brewing.
Here Ye, Hear Ye: It’s the Annual SEVA Holiday Party!
Come one, come all! Our next monthly meeting (December 12,2017) will be the annual SEVA Holiday Party and SEVA Awards presentations.
THIS MEETING IS NOT AT OUT USUAL WALLINGFORD LOCATATION
YOU MUST RSVP @ https://driveelectricweek.org/event.php?eventid=1242
AS THIS IS A CATERED EVENT & the venue can only hold 150 people!
Tuesday, December 12, 2017 ~ 6PM
8th Street EV Outlet
11839 ne 8TH St.
Bellevue, WA 98005
RSPV ASAP! This is a catered event and our sponsor has limited the party to the first 150 people.
Yes! A new store is coming to Bellevue: a used electric vehicle store! SEVA will be there to help 8th Street EV Outlet launch a specialty pre-owned EV outlet, where folks can by second-hand electric vehicles! Its off of N.E. 8th across the street from the Porsche dealership.
Repeat, the December meeting will NOT be at the usual Wallingford location! YOU MUST RSPV as the venue only holds 150 people!
Winter Driving Tips For EVs
Fall 2017 : Update on Washington State Sales Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles
SEVA in the News
On Sunday, June 18, 2017, The Seattle Times AUTO Section featured a lengthy article called “Batteries Included! Seattle Electric Vehicle Assocation Leads the Charge” (by Tom Voelk) about SEVA’s 37-year history promoting electric vehicles in the Puget Sound Region. Thank you, Tom, and Seattle Times! Click here to read article.
EV News Headlines
- Comparison Test: Tesla Model 3, 2018 Nissan LEAF, And Chevy Bolt (12/11/2017) - Leave it to Motor Trend to be the first to release a much-anticipated Tesla Model 3, 2018 Nissan LEAF, Chevrolet Bolt comparison piece. Of course, Motor Trend is likely the only outfit to have yet had access to these three cars all in one place at one time. This is ...read more
- Wal-Mart, Anheuser-Busch, DHL to test Tesla Semi: 1,200-plus reservations? (12/11/2017) - An Instagram post by an "outdoor living design and construction firm serving the Chicago Southland" seems to confirm a total of 1,230 reservations for Tesla's new all-electric truck. Elemental Landscapes of Illinois posted a screenshot of its reservation for three Tesla Semi trucks, showing a reservation number EO000001230. If the ...read more
- Infographic Compares New 2018 Nissan LEAF To 2011 Version (12/11/2017) - One week ago, production of the 2018 Nissan LEAF kicked off in the U.S., but it was way back on 2010 when the first LEAF changed the EV landscape. How much has the LEAF involved in those past 7 years? Nissan Parts Plus released an interesting comparison of the new... ...read more
- EVgo installs its 1,000th US DC fast charger (12/10/2017) - Charging network operator EVgo has opened its 1,000th DC fast charging station in the US, in partnership with Nissan. The milestone station is located in a new apartment complex in Falls Church, Virginia, just outside Washington, DC. It includes two DC fast chargers, each capable of delivering up to 50 ...read more
- Plug-in hybrid Jeep Wrangler coming in 2020 (12/10/2017) - Even rugged off-road machines are plugging in. “A full plug-in electric Jeep Wrangler will be available in 2020, furthering our commitment to all those who value the responsible, sustainable enjoyment of the great outdoors and very importantly, future-proofing this Wrangler for generations to come,” said Jeep CEO Mike Manley. Manley made ...read more