The Seattle Electric Vehicle Association (SEVA) is an all-volunteer group of Seattle-area folks who are passionate about all things having to do with electric cars. Our members run the gamut from brand new Tesla owners to folks who have been converting old gasoline cars since the 1980’s.
We participate in car shows, educational events and political events having to do with electric vehicle legislation. But we mostly get together to have some plain, old fun at our free monthly meetings and by simply driving around on our zero-emission wheels.
SEVA also serves as a gateway to the latest press and information on and about electric vehicles. Jump on in to see what’s happening in the world of electric cars!
Car Shows and “EVents”
We LOVE car shows and participate in many during any given year. We also display at other local festivals as well when invited! Shows are great places to come out and learn about electric vehicles of all types. See our calendar page for a list of recent past shows. Meanwhile, 2018 show schedules are brewing.
Winter Driving Tips For EVs
Fall 2017 : Update on Washington State Sales Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles
SEVA in the News
On Sunday, June 18, 2017, The Seattle Times AUTO Section featured a lengthy article called “Batteries Included! Seattle Electric Vehicle Assocation Leads the Charge” (by Tom Voelk) about SEVA’s 37-year history promoting electric vehicles in the Puget Sound Region. Thank you, Tom, and Seattle Times! Click here to read article.
EV News Headlines
- Dual-Motor Tesla Model 3 VINs Now Being Registered (1/21/2018) - The dual-motor, all-wheel drive Tesla Model 3 is now forthcoming, and potentially sooner than expected. As we previously reported, Tesla just updated its online Model 3 configurator to include the base model and dual motor model, along with specified arrival expectations. The base model (single-motor, ~50 kWh battery... ...read more
- Bentley Bentayga plug-in hybrid SUV to debut in March at Geneva auto show (1/21/2018) - Unlike rival Rolls-Royce, which may go directly to an all-electric model in future, Bentley has set its sights on plug-in hybrids first—and the Bentayga luxury SUV will be the first one from the brand. The plug-in versions of the Bentley Bentayga is expected to debut in March at the Geneva ...read more
- Number Of CCS Combo DC Fast Chargers In Europe Hits 4,000 (1/21/2018) - Europe begins the year 2018 with some 4,000 CCS Combo DC fast chargers – around 3,800 were installed in three and a half years, since its mid-2014 introduction. New installations are acceleratingm as in 2017 1,250 new chargers were installed, which means infrastructure expansion of more than 45% year-over-year. The ...read more
- BMW’s New Traction Control System 50 Times Quicker Than Old Setup (1/21/2018) - It debuted in the i3s, but is now also ready to work in ICE-powered cars. When it debuted back in September last year, during the Frankfurt Motor Show, the BMW i3s brought a number of upgrades over the standard i3, including a tweaked suspension and a more powerful 184-horsepower (135-kilowatt) ...read more
- Tesla Powerbank Phone Charger Teardown Video (1/21/2018) - It turns out that the Tesla Powerbank (phone charger) is quite well-built. Not long ago, we shared Tesla's new Powerbank, as well as its Desktop Supercharger. Both are “available” on the automaker's website for $45.00 each, although they were sold out at the time of this writing. How can we... ...read more