The Seattle Electric Vehicle Association (SEVA) is an all-volunteer group of Seattle-area folks who are passionate about all things having to do with electric cars. Our members run the gamut from brand new Tesla owners to folks who have been converting old gasoline cars since the 1980’s.
We participate in car shows, educational events and political events having to do with electric vehicle legislation. But we mostly get together to have some plain, old fun at our free monthly meetings and by simply driving around on our zero-emission wheels.
SEVA also serves as a gateway to the latest press and information on and about electric vehicles. Jump on in to see what’s happening in the world of electric cars!
Get Ready For 2017 Car Show Season!
We LOVE car shows! Not only are they fun for the whole family, but shows are a great way to come see what electric cars are all about! Come on by and visit us at any one of the following:
2017 Car Shows
- March 25th is Coltura’s “Green Neighborhood Revolution!” show 10am-2pm. Reach Now will be test driving I3’s. And there will be other cars and displays. www.coltura.org/events for more info. SEVA could use some representation at the table, too.
- April 19th Bellevue College’s Earth Day. Please be there at 9:40 am (parking lot B2, we think). With hundreds of college students passing by, it’s a great chance to expose new people to EVs.
- April 22nd Earth Day NewCastle This event is all about creating a healthy planet and sustainable environment. SEVA will have some EVs on display.
- May 3rd Edmonds Community College EV Show (11:30-1:00 PM). Contact Frederick Peters for more info.
- May 7th Triple-XXX Car Spring Electric Vehicles Show in Issaquah, WA. (9am-3pm).
- June 7th Plug-In North Central Washington is sponsoring a drive through across Highway 2 from Everett to Spokane
- June 24th Greenwood Car Show. (SEVA members: fill out a form and get it over to Organizer-in-Chief Mark Schiller.
- July 22nd Northwest Solar Festival (Shoreline, WA) Sustainable Living Fair. SEVA will have some cars present
- July 23rd is Renton River Days and Treasurer Mark says we will be in the skate park, which is a very favorable location, with high visibility.
- September 12th Triple-XXX National Drive Electric Week Fall Show, Issaquah, WA. (9am-3pm).
EV News Headlines
- Delta-Q Technologies’ new lithium battery charger (4/26/2017) - Vancouver-based Delta-Q Technologies provides battery charging solutions for less-glamorous but essential electric vehicles such as forklifts, aerial work platforms, floor care machines, scooters and golf carts. In this world, the old trusty lead-acid battery is just in the process of being superseded by lithium-ion chemistries, and Delta-Q recently released its ...read more
- Modified LEAF To Enter The 10,000 Mile Mongol Rally – Video (4/26/2017) - Electric vehicle advocate Plug In Adventures, founded by Chris Ramsey that uses a Nissan LEAF in various driving adventures, has created a specially modified Nissan LEAF that will be the first all-electric car to enter the Mongol Rally this summer. First, the Nissan LEAF AT-EV (All Terrain Electric Vehicle) needs... ...read more
- Daimler Partners With Bosch For Level 4, 5 Autonomous Vehicles (4/26/2017) - Daimler and Bosch have announced a co-development agreement on fully automated (SAE Level 4) and driverless (SAE Level 5) technology. The German partners intend to develop and launch a production-ready system for driver-less cars on urban public roads by the beginning of the next decade. Whether it will enable Daimler ...read more
- Kelley Blue Book: The Affordable, Long-Range EV For The Masses Is Here Now, No Waiting Required (4/26/2017) - The positive Chevrolet Bolt reviews continue to pour in. This latest one comes to us via Kelley Blue Book. The publication states that the Bolt has not only plenty of room inside, but that its tall roofline gives ample space for passengers among us. As for the reported “five seat”... ...read more
- Only Six Milestones Stand In Way Of Elon Musk’s $1.4 Billion Payout (4/26/2017) - With the Tesla Model 3 nearing its production date, Tesla CEO Elon Musk moves closer to his ~$1.4 billion payout. We know at this point that Musk doesn't accept his piddly salary at Tesla, and even borrows money from his established lenders on a fairly regular basis, to buy more... ...read more