The Seattle Electric Vehicle Association (SEVA) is an all-volunteer group of Seattle-area folks who are passionate about all things having to do with electric cars. Our members run the gamut from brand new Tesla owners to folks who have been converting old gasoline cars since the 1980’s.
We participate in car shows, educational events and political events having to do with electric vehicle legislation. But we mostly get together to have some plain, old fun at our free monthly meetings and by simply driving around on our zero-emission wheels.
SEVA also serves as a gateway to the latest press and information on and about electric vehicles. Jump on in to see what’s happening in the world of electric cars!
Car Shows and “EVents”
We LOVE car shows and participate in many during any given year. We also display at other local festivals as well when invited! Shows are great places to come out and learn about electric vehicles of all types. See our calendar page for a list of recent past shows. Meanwhile, 2018 show schedules are brewing.
Winter Driving Tips For EVs
Fall 2017 : Update on Washington State Sales Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles
SEVA in the News
On Sunday, June 18, 2017, The Seattle Times AUTO Section featured a lengthy article called “Batteries Included! Seattle Electric Vehicle Assocation Leads the Charge” (by Tom Voelk) about SEVA’s 37-year history promoting electric vehicles in the Puget Sound Region. Thank you, Tom, and Seattle Times! Click here to read article.
EV News Headlines
- Volkswagen Trademarks I.D. Freeler And I.D. Cruiser (1/19/2018) - Volkswagen seems to be hunting for the coolest names for its new electric offerings that will come together to create the broader I.D. lineup. First, Volkswagen introduced the I.D. (hatchback scheduled for 2019), then the I.D. BUZZ and then the I.D. CROZZ (two iterations). Earlier this year, the intention to ...read more
- Nissan LEAF Batteries, Motors Will Power Electric Bus (1/19/2018) - Nissan LEAF batteries, motors and inverters will be used in full-size electric bus called “Yoka ECO Bus” developed by the Kumamoto University. A single LEAF powertrain doesn't have enough grunt to propel the bus, so the Japanese team decided to use three sets of batteries and motors. The only proprietary... ...read more
- Tesla Semi Orders Continue To Climb Despite Press Skepticism (1/19/2018) - STILL FEELING SKEPTICAL ABOUT THE TESLA SEMI? Given the seemingly unbelievable performance specs and prices Elon Musk has promised for the upcoming Tesla Semi, it's understandable that many in the press have been laying down a thick layer of skepticism. When it comes to customers, however, the response has been ...read more
- New 2018 Nissan LEAF Receives Green Car of The Year Award (1/19/2018) - The new Nissan LEAF won the first edition of FIPA Green Car of the Year award from the Inter-American Federation of Automobile Journalists (FIPA). The LEAF apparently scored highest among nine other candidates. José Luis Valls, Nissan Latin America's chairman said: “This award is a clear example of Nissan's global ...read more
- Gas-tax hike, Kia Sorento Diesel, Bolt EV after a year, 37-mpg F-150, electric cars in CA: Today’s Car News (1/19/2018) - Today, we've got an interesting mix of stories, from a debate over how many electric cars California needs to the source of funds for an engine promised to deliver 37 mpg in a full-size Ford F-150 pickup. Also, your Tesla primer (it's not what you may think) and the Chevy ...read more