The Seattle Electric Vehicle Association (SEVA) is an all-volunteer group of Seattle-area folks who are passionate about all things having to do with electric cars. Our members run the gamut from brand new Tesla owners to folks who have been converting old gasoline carssince the 1980’s.
We participate in car shows, educational events and political events having to do with electric vehicle legislation. But we mostly get together to have some plain, old fun at our free monthly meetings and by simply driving around on our zero-emission wheels.
SEVA also serves as a gateway to the latest press and information on and about electric vehicles. Jump on in to see what’s happening in the world of electric cars!
Car Shows and “EVents”: Fall 2018
- ONGOING:Tesla Owners Club of the PNW (TOCPNW) has an events calendar up: https://tocpnw.org/events/
Some events are private, but some are open to the public, and in fact some are meant as outreach. Not all are local..
- Sept 22th: Sustainable Ballard Festival (Seattle, WA) www.sustainableballard.org/festival/
- Sept 30th: Snohomish Car Show sponsor is Bickford Ford. Ford EVs and conversions encouraged, lots of categories for prizes see linksnohomishcoc.com/classiccardisplay/
THANK YOU FOR A FABULOUS NATIONAL DRIVE ELECTRIC WEEK Sept 8-16th! Thousands of electric vehicle drivers and enthusiasts in Washington State participated in a record number of free events presented by volunteers around the state to highlight the environmental benefits, high performance and cost-savings of electric cars during the week of Sept. 8-16, 2018. Click here to see what events happened and where!
SEVA in the News:
On August 7, 2018, SEVA Members joined Governor Jay Inslee and local dignitaries to open the first DC Fast Charger that was funded with monies from the EV Registration fees paid by Washington State drivers. This money was leveraged 4:1 with private sector investment, and provides both needed additional capacity and some redundancy to bolster the small number of existing DC Fast chargers around Tacoma.
On March 28, 2018, SEVA President Emeritus Steve Lough was interviewed by King 5 about Washington State’s Pay-By-Mile Pilot Program and how that might negatively or positivELY affect the electric vehicles owners.
- On June 18, 2017, The Seattle Times AUTO Section featured a lengthy article called “Batteries Included! Seattle Electric Vehicle Assocation Leads the Charge” (by Tom Voelk)about SEVA’s 37-year history promoting electric vehicles in the Puget Sound Region. Thank you, Tom, and Seattle Times! Click here to read article.
Alternative fuel vehicle sales tax exemption ENDED May 31, 2018
The Department of Revenue has notified the Washington State Auto Dealers Association that the alternative fuel vehicle sales tax exemption will end on May 31. To have received this tax exemption, your vehicle must have been delivered on or before May 31, 2018.
If you are received your vehicle after May 31, 2018, you will be required to pay all applicable sales taxes.
EV News Headlines
- Hyundai Kona Electric Gets Driven: Watch Hour-Long Video (9/24/2018) - An in-depth look into one of the most anticipated fully electric crossovers on the market today. The Hyundai Kona electric is taking the automotive world (where available) by storm. The Kona electric features a 482 kilometer (WLTP) range, paired up with a 150 kW engine, 395Nm of torque and just 7.6 ...read more
- CNBC Checks In On Progress Of Tesla’s Solar Roof Tiles (9/24/2018) - Tesla's Solar Roof was unveiled way back in October 2016. It's been roughly two years since Elon Musk unveiled the Solar Roof, but despite big promises, the company still struggles with the production of solar tiles. According to research done by CNBC, there are not many installed Solar Roofs. “Several hundreds of ...read more
- Jaguar Dealer Shocked By Volume Of Model 3s Dropped Off At Tesla Store (9/24/2018) - Bonus Tesla MP3 time attack included This past weekend was an extraordinary one at Tesla stores. As the upstart automaker hustles to deliver as many cars as possible before the end of the month (and the quarter), parking lots of many its shops have been whirlwinds of activity. If you were ...read more
- Tesla Model 3 Performance Converts Lifelong BMW Fan (9/24/2018) - A Tesla Model 3 Performance test drive was all that was required for this avid BMW enthusiast to switch allegiance. For Moshen Chan, an indie app developer and an avid BMW enthusiast for some 20 years, the Bavarian car brand and it's Ultimate Driving Machine philosophy provided a perfect motoring solution. That ...read more
- Tesla Gigafactory Production Process Is Futuristic And Fascinating (9/24/2018) - ANALYSTS ‘HIGHLY CONFIDENT' IN TESLA GIGAFACTORY PRODUCTION PROCESS AFTER PRIVATE TOUR Everybody's got an opinion about Tesla's prospects for profitable production of Model 3. Some of these are, shall we say, more informed than others. Of particular interest are the reports of financial analysts who've actually visited the company's factories for ...read more