The Seattle Electric Vehicle Association (SEVA) is an all-volunteer group of Seattle-area folks who are passionate about all things having to do with electric cars. Our members run the gamut from brand new Tesla owners to folks who have been converting old gasoline cars since the 1980’s.
We participate in car shows, educational events and political events having to do with electric vehicle legislation. But we mostly get together to have some plain, old fun at our free monthly meetings and by simply driving around on our zero-emission wheels.
SEVA also serves as a gateway to the latest press and information on and about electric vehicles. Jump on in to see what’s happening in the world of electric cars!
Car Shows and “EVents”
We LOVE car shows and participate in many during any given year. We also display at other local festivals as well when invited! Shows are great places to come out and learn about electric vehicles of all types. Below are some upcoming shows:
SPRING 2018 SHOWS
- April 18th North Seattle Community College Earth Day
- April 19th Bellevue College’s Earth Day
- April 19th: University of Washington: Bothell Campus Earth Day
- April 21st: City of Bellevue Earth Day
Winter Driving Tips For EVs
Fall 2017 : Update on Washington State Sales Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles
SEVA in the News
On Sunday, June 18, 2017, The Seattle Times AUTO Section featured a lengthy article called “Batteries Included! Seattle Electric Vehicle Assocation Leads the Charge” (by Tom Voelk) about SEVA’s 37-year history promoting electric vehicles in the Puget Sound Region. Thank you, Tom, and Seattle Times! Click here to read article.
EV News Headlines
- Profit Target For Tesla Model 3 Five Times Higher Than Ford’s Average (2/25/2018) - TESLA MODEL 3 PROFIT TARGET IS 5X HIGHER THAN THE AVERAGE VEHICLE FROM FORD It's remarkable that Tesla rocketed from its IPO to surpassing Ford in value in just 7 years. Tesla's prowess on Wall Street has left many investors miffed. After all, Ford recently announced 2017 sales of over ...read more
- Renault EV Sales Down In January By 11% (2/25/2018) - Renault wasn't able to improve its electric car sales in January, which shows just how difficult it is to achieve consistent growth in Europe. Sales decreased by 11% year-over-year to 2,496. Renault ZOE – 1,988 (down 25%) Renault Kangoo Z.E. – 508 (up 201%) While the Kangoo Z.E. enjoys high... ...read more
- Updated Tesla Autopilot Now Being Beta Tested By Owners (2/25/2018) - The time has finally come! The major Tesla Autopilot update that CEO Elon Musk has been speaking of for some time is in beta testing. Not long ago, Musk announced that the new Autopilot had entered the final testing stages. He said that there were many more improved features, however,... ...read more
- These 19 Plug-In Electric Cars Qualify For Full $7,500 Tax Credit (2/25/2018) - It's tax time again. Or tax credit time, if you've purchased a plug-in and qualify. Does the plug-in electric car you purchased in 2017 qualify for the full $7,500 U.S. federal tax credit? If it's listed below, it does. If not, then it still qualifies for a reduced amount, which... ...read more
- Tesla Supercharger In Aurora Replaced By 4 High Power Wall Connectors (2/25/2018) - Tesla Supercharging stations, at least those built using temporarily mobile units, will not necessarily remain on-line if usage does not meet Tesla's requirements. That's what seems to have happened in Aurora, IL at Two Brothers Roundhouse where former InsideEVs contributor Mike Anthony recently spotted four AC Destination Chargers in place... ...read more