The Seattle Electric Vehicle Association (SEVA) is an all-volunteer group of Seattle-area folks who are passionate about all things having to do with electric cars. Our members run the gamut from brand new Tesla owners to folks who have been converting old gasoline cars since the 1980’s.
We participate in car shows, educational events and political events having to do with electric vehicle legislation. But we mostly get together to have some plain, old fun at our free monthly meetings and by simply driving around on our zero-emission wheels.
SEVA also serves as a gateway to the latest press and information on and about electric vehicles. Jump on in to see what’s happening in the world of electric cars!
Upcoming Car Shows and “EVents”
We LOVE car shows and participate in many during any given year. We also display at other local festivals as well when invited!
Shows are great places to come out and learn about electric vehicles of all types. Our members are happy to talk about their vehicles, whether home-done conversions or product in vehicles. Come on by!
- August 26th: West Seattle Car Show (Seattle, WA) South Seattle College, 6000 16th Ave SW in the NORTH Parking Lot 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Also August 26th: Space Elevator Family Science Fest (Seattle, WA) The Museum of Flight 9404 East Marginal Way S. Seattle, WA 98108 10am-3pm
- September 9th : Sustainable Ballard Festival (Seattle, WA: Ballard Commons Park ) As in years past, SEVA will have some cars present at this neighborhood mini-Green festival!
- September 24th: 21 Acres Center For Local Food Harvest and”Get Squashed” Festival 13701 NE 171 St, Woodinville, WA 10am-4pm.
- September 30th Salmon Days (Issaquah, WA) Contact SEVA Secretary Kevin Boze to sign up.
SEVA in the News
On Sunday, June 18, 2017, The Seattle Times AUTO Section featured a lengthy article called “Batteries Included! Seattle Electric Vehicle Assocation Leads the Charge” (by Tom Voelk) about SEVA’s 37-year history promoting electric vehicles in the Puget Sound Region. Thank you, Tom, and Seattle Times! Click here to read article.
EV News Headlines
- BYD Sells 11,000 Plug-In EVs In China For August (9/21/2017) - BYD continues to set the plug-in vehicle sales bar for other manufactures to strive for, as once again in August the OEM sold ~11,000 EVs, eclipsing the 5-digit level for the 3rd month in a row. Tracking the numbers from China can be a tricky task, especially when the numbers... ...read more
- Tesla is designing its own computer chip for self-driving cars: report (9/21/2017) - Early last year, with promises of self-driving cars in owners' hands well before any competitor, development of the Tesla Autopilot system for the maker's electric cars was proceeding nicely. Then, in May 2016, a dedicated Tesla owner was killed in a Florida crash when his Tesla Model S, operating on ...read more
- Rare-earth metals in magnets for electric-car motors: what you need to know (9/21/2017) - It's not surprising that the powertrains of electric cars differ quite a bit from traditional internal-combustion engines. Although they have fewer moving parts, the rare-earth magnets that help power electric cars can be quite complex to fabricate. So, what is there to know about rare-earth magnets—and how do automakers choose ...read more
- Tesla’s Latest Software Update Includes Useful Supercharger Info (9/21/2017) - Tesla aims to make Supercharging details even more clear and has released a software update which should prove advantageous. As we recently reported, Tesla has just added new Urban Superchargers. Additionally, the automaker is continually expanding its Supercharger network, not only by increasing capacity at current stations but also by ...read more
- The 2018 Nissan Leaf has three types of cruise control: how they differ (9/21/2017) - When the 2018 Nissan Leaf electric car arrives at dealerships early next year, it will offer fresh styling inside and out, more power, a 150-mile range, and an array of standard or optional active-safety features. It will come in Nissan's standard three trim levels—base S, mid-level SV, and top-of-the-line SL—with ...read more