The Seattle Electric Vehicle Association (SEVA) is an all-volunteer group of Seattle-area folks who are passionate about all things having to do with electric cars. Our members run the gamut from brand new Tesla owners to folks who have been converting old gasoline cars since the 1980’s.
We participate in car shows, educational events and political events having to do with electric vehicle legislation. But we mostly get together to have some plain, old fun at our free monthly meetings and by simply driving around on our zero-emission wheels.
SEVA also serves as a gateway to the latest press and information on and about electric vehicles. Jump on in to see what’s happening in the world of electric cars!
Car Shows and “EVents”
We LOVE car shows and participate in many during any given year. We also display at other local festivals as well when invited! Shows are great places to come out and learn about electric vehicles of all types. See our calendar page for a list of recent past shows. Meanwhile, 2018 show schedules are brewing.
Winter Driving Tips For EVs
Fall 2017 : Update on Washington State Sales Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles
SEVA in the News
On Sunday, June 18, 2017, The Seattle Times AUTO Section featured a lengthy article called “Batteries Included! Seattle Electric Vehicle Assocation Leads the Charge” (by Tom Voelk) about SEVA’s 37-year history promoting electric vehicles in the Puget Sound Region. Thank you, Tom, and Seattle Times! Click here to read article.
EV News Headlines
- Tesla Destination Charger Count To Grow With New Deal With Hilton (11/22/2017) - Hilton is gradually increasing the number of level 2 charging stations at its properties across the U.S., with a particular focus on Tesla Wall Connectors. In 2015 Hilton announced that will install 50 Destination Chargers by the end of the year, and 100 by the end of 2016. Currently there... ...read more
- This Electric Hypercar Claims To One-Up New Tesla Roadster (11/22/2017) - Aims to be the “world's first electric supercar with on-road and off-road capabilities.” Price? $1 million. With a 0 to 60 mph (96 kph) sprint in an almost unbelievable 1.9 seconds, the new Tesla Roadster is set to become the world's quickest production car, but not if XING Mobility has ...read more
- Custom Tesla Model 3 First Drive – Video (11/22/2017) - Check out this detailed Tesla Model 3 first drive, complete with a closer look at some key features. DÆrik is at it again. Yes, he's the same guy that has his own Tesla showroom and homemade Supercharger in his garage. Erik was able to get ahold of a customized Model... ...read more
- 2018 Nissan LEAF 40 kWh Range Test – Video (11/22/2017) - The new 2018 Nissan LEAF (details) undergoes a range tests by James from Electrified Journeys Japan, which ultimately shows that the 40 kWh version is much more capable than the previous 30 kWh options. Depending on the driving condition, the new LEAF was able to do from 206 miles (330 ...read more
- Electric-car plugs, ‘environmentalism’ at today’s EPA, Big Oil’s future, EV penetration: Today’s Car News (11/22/2017) - Today, a possible plug conflict for electric cars, a redefinition from the EPA chief, a study suggesting Big Oil will wane, and our latest Twitter poll. All this and more on Green Car Reports. We'll be running a light schedule of stories for the next four days as we celebrate ...read more