The Seattle Electric Vehicle Association (SEVA) is an all-volunteer group of Seattle-area folks who are passionate about all things having to do with electric cars. Our members run the gamut from brand new Tesla owners to folks who have been converting old gasoline cars since the 1980’s.
We participate in car shows, educational events and political events having to do with electric vehicle legislation. But we mostly get together to have some plain, old fun at our free monthly meetings and by simply driving around on our zero-emission wheels.
SEVA also serves as a gateway to the latest press and information on and about electric vehicles. Jump on in to see what’s happening in the world of electric cars!
SEVA in the News
On Sunday, June 18, 2017, The Seattle Times AUTO Section featured a lengthy article called “Batteries Included! Seattle Electric Vehicle Assocation Leads the Charge” (by Tom Voelk) about SEVA’s 37-year history promoting electric vehicles in the Puget Sound Region. Thank you, Tom, and Seattle Times! Click here to read article.
Get Ready For 2017 Car Show Season!
We LOVE car shows! Not only are they fun for the whole family, but shows are a great way to come see what electric cars are all about! Come on by and visit us at any one of the following:
2017 Car Shows
- March 25th Coltura’s “Green Neighborhood Revolution!” show 10am-2pm. Reach Now will be test driving I3’s. And there will be other cars and displays. www.coltura.org/events for more info. SEVA could use some representation at the table, too.
- April 19th Bellevue College’s Earth Day. Please be there at 9:40 am (parking lot B2, we think). With hundreds of college students passing by, it’s a great chance to expose new people to EVs.
- April 22nd Earth Day NewCastle This event is all about creating a healthy planet and sustainable environment. SEVA will have some EVs on display.
- May 3rd Edmonds Community College EV Show (11:30-1:00 PM). Contact Frederick Peters for more info.
- May 7th Triple-XXX Car Spring Electric Vehicles Show in Issaquah, WA. (9am-3pm).
- June 7th Plug-In North Central Washington is sponsoring a drive through across Highway 2 from Everett to Spokane
- June 18th Fenders on Front Street (Issaquah, WA) REGISTER HERE
- June 24th Greenwood Car Show. Fill out a form and get it over to Organizer-in-Chief Mark Schiller.
- July 22nd Northwest Solar Festival (Shoreline, WA) Sustainable Living Fair. SEVA will have some cars present
- July 23 is Renton River Days and Treasurer Mark says we will be in the skate park, which is a very favorable location, with high visibility. Car show participants are required to be there from 10:30 am to 5pm. SEVA Members: Email Mark Yormark mark.yormark @ gmail.com to sign up. DOWNLOAD POSTER HERE
- September 9th Sustainable Ballard Festival (Seattle, WA: Ballard Commons Park ) As in years past, SEVA will have some cars present at this neighborhood mini-Green festival!
- September 17th is Triple-XXX National Drive Electric Week Fall Show, Issaquah, WA. (9am-3pm) Contact SEVA Events Coordinator Philip Skoog for more info.
- September 30th Salmon Days (Issaquah, WA) Contact SEVA Secretary Kevin Boze to sign up.
EV News Headlines
- Other Automaker Execs Still Don’t See Tesla As A Threat (7/22/2017) - AUTO INDUSTRY EXECUTIVES CONTINUE TO DOWNPLAY THE THREAT FROM TESLA Recently, another group of auto industry executives decided to brush off any notion that Elon Musk and company could pose a threat to their brand. Volkswagen CEO Herbert Diess said, “We see Volkswagen as the company that can stop Tesla, ...read more
- Porsche May End Diesel Offerings, Switch To Electric (7/22/2017) - Porsche (as part of Volkswagen Group) also suffers from the recent Dieselgate scandal, and according to company CEO Oliver Blume, Porsche is considering whether or not to ditch diesel engines. The German brand currently diversifies its powertrain portfolio via petrol, electric and plug-in hybrids. The future of diesel to be ...read more
- Tesla Turns To Open Sourcing For Updates To Mapping Platform (7/22/2017) - Tesla is taking multiple steps to improve its mapping platform ahead of full self-driving vehicles. While Tesla's navigation system is highly advanced, especially when compared with competitors' offerings, it still leaves much to be desired, and isn't quite ready for fully autonomous transportation. The electric automaker is continually improving the ...read more
- Formula E Driver Nelson Piquet Jr Interviewed By His Sister, Details Flow – Video (7/22/2017) - Motorsport.com's Julia Piquet Interviews Her Brother, Nelson Piquet Jr As many of you know, Nelson Piquet Jr is a Formula E champion (2015 season), and currently drives for Next EV in the all-electric racing series. Piquet also contributes columns to InsideEVs on racing and electric vehicle technology. Now the ...read more
- Musk Comments On Hyperloop From Fremont To San Francisco For Gigafactory Cost Savings (7/22/2017) - Elon Musk's latest venture, The Boring Company, seems to hitting the news almost daily after and extended period of almost no new developments. Just after announcing verbal approval from the federal government for a New York-Philadelphia-Baltimore-DC Hyperloop, more projects are now being suggested. Recenly, Elon Musk was asked about the ...read more