The Seattle Electric Vehicle Association (SEVA) is an all-volunteer group of Seattle-area folks who are passionate about all things having to do with electric cars. Our members run the gamut from brand new Tesla owners to folks who have been converting old gasoline cars since the 1980’s.
We participate in car shows, educational events and political events having to do with electric vehicle legislation. But we mostly get together to have some plain, old fun at our free monthly meetings and by simply driving around on our zero-emission wheels.
SEVA also serves as a gateway to the latest press and information on and about electric vehicles. Jump on in to see what’s happening in the world of electric cars!
SEVA in the News
On Sunday, June 18, 2017, The Seattle Times AUTO Section featured a lengthy article called “Batteries Included! Seattle Electric Vehicle Assocation Leads the Charge” (by Tom Voelk) about SEVA’s 37-year history promoting electric vehicles in the Puget Sound Region. Thank you, Tom, and Seattle Times! Click here to read article.
Get Ready For 2017 Car Show Season!
We LOVE car shows! Not only are they fun for the whole family, but shows are a great way to come see what electric cars are all about! Come on by and visit us at any one of the following:
2017 Car Shows
- March 25th Coltura’s “Green Neighborhood Revolution!” show 10am-2pm. Reach Now will be test driving I3’s. And there will be other cars and displays. www.coltura.org/events for more info. SEVA could use some representation at the table, too.
- April 19th Bellevue College’s Earth Day. Please be there at 9:40 am (parking lot B2, we think). With hundreds of college students passing by, it’s a great chance to expose new people to EVs.
- April 22nd Earth Day NewCastle This event is all about creating a healthy planet and sustainable environment. SEVA will have some EVs on display.
- May 3rd Edmonds Community College EV Show (11:30-1:00 PM). Contact Frederick Peters for more info.
- May 7th Triple-XXX Car Spring Electric Vehicles Show in Issaquah, WA. (9am-3pm).
- June 7th Plug-In North Central Washington is sponsoring a drive through across Highway 2 from Everett to Spokane
- June 18th Fenders on Front Street (Issaquah, WA) REGISTER HERE
- June 24th Greenwood Car Show. Fill out a form and get it over to Organizer-in-Chief Mark Schiller.
- July 22nd Northwest Solar Festival (Shoreline, WA) Sustainable Living Fair. SEVA will have some cars present
- July 23 is Renton River Days and Treasurer Mark says we will be in the skate park, which is a very favorable location, with high visibility. Car show participants are required to be there from 10:30 am to 5pm. SEVA Members: Email Mark Yormark mark.yormark @ gmail.com to sign up. DOWNLOAD POSTER HERE
- September 9th Sustainable Ballard Festival (Seattle, WA: Ballard Commons Park ) As in years past, SEVA will have some cars present at this neighborhood mini-Green festival!
- September 17th is Triple-XXX National Drive Electric Week Fall Show, Issaquah, WA. (9am-3pm) Contact SEVA Events Coordinator Philip Skoog for more info.
- September 30th Salmon Days (Issaquah, WA) Contact SEVA Secretary Kevin Boze to sign up.
EV News Headlines
- Musk Has A Boring Conversation With Hawthorne Mayor (7/23/2017) - It turns out that Hawthorne, CA Mayor Alex Vargas has multiple physics degrees, so he was in his element talking with Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk about The Boring Company. Not many people outside of the area itself had heard of Hawthorne, CA. That was, until Elon Musk's industry-changing ...read more
- Tesla Pops Up In Spain With Two Temporary Stores, Permanent Stores Coming Soon (7/23/2017) - Tesla intends to open two permanent stores in Spain later this year – one in Barcelona and one in Madrid, which would also handle sales for customers from Portugal. Initially, the first Tesla store in Barcelona was just a pop-up store (which initially seemed to be permanent) – launched last ...read more
- Next Gen Nissan LEAF Spotted: Dash Displays 265 km/165 Miles Of Range (7/23/2017) - Aire des corbières A61 Je vous confirme la nouvelle leaf charge bien en chademo Posted by Nicolas Dufresne on Friday, July 21, 2017 It was only a matter of time. Thanks to a keen-eyed Nissan LEAF driver in France – Nicholos Dufresne, we have the first real confirmation of some ...read more
- An Airbnb for charging stations? (7/23/2017) - California owners of charging stations enabled with eMotorWerks' JuiceNet smart-grid charging technology will soon have the capability to rent out charging time on their stations, using a peer-to-peer (P2P) network powered by MotionWerk's Share&Charge platform. The Share&Charge mobile app connects EV drivers with available residential and commercial EV charging stations and ...read more
- Match Your BMW X3 With A $5,900 Specialized eBike (7/23/2017) - Road too narrow for the SUV? Take the matching bike instead. Created to go where no other BMW X3 has gone before, the high-end trail bike starts off as a Specialized Turbo Levo FSR 6Fattie and then gets a series of cosmetic tweaks to complement Bavaria's all-new SUV. Its Phytonic... ...read more