The Seattle Electric Vehicle Association (SEVA) is an all-volunteer group of Seattle-area folks who are passionate about all things having to do with electric cars. Our members run the gamut from brand new Tesla owners to folks who have been converting old gasoline cars since the 1980’s.
We participate in car shows, educational events and political events having to do with electric vehicle legislation. But we mostly get together to have some plain, old fun at our free monthly meetings and by simply driving around on our zero-emission wheels.
SEVA also serves as a gateway to the latest press and information on and about electric vehicles. Jump on in to see what’s happening in the world of electric cars!
SEVA in the News
On Sunday, June 18, 2017, The Seattle Times AUTO Section featured a lengthy article called “Batteries Included! Seattle Electric Vehicle Assocation Leads the Charge” (by Tom Voelk) about SEVA’s 37-year history promoting electric vehicles in the Puget Sound Region. Thank you, Tom, and Seattle Times! Click here to read article.
Get Ready For 2017 Car Show Season!
We LOVE car shows! Not only are they fun for the whole family, but shows are a great way to come see what electric cars are all about! Come on by and visit us at any one of the following:
2017 Car Shows
- March 25th Coltura’s “Green Neighborhood Revolution!” show 10am-2pm. Reach Now will be test driving I3’s. And there will be other cars and displays. www.coltura.org/events for more info. SEVA could use some representation at the table, too.
- April 19th Bellevue College’s Earth Day. Please be there at 9:40 am (parking lot B2, we think). With hundreds of college students passing by, it’s a great chance to expose new people to EVs.
- April 22nd Earth Day NewCastle This event is all about creating a healthy planet and sustainable environment. SEVA will have some EVs on display.
- May 3rd Edmonds Community College EV Show (11:30-1:00 PM). Contact Frederick Peters for more info.
- May 7th Triple-XXX Car Spring Electric Vehicles Show in Issaquah, WA. (9am-3pm).
- June 7th Plug-In North Central Washington is sponsoring a drive through across Highway 2 from Everett to Spokane
- June 18th Fenders on Front Street (Issaquah, WA) REGISTER HERE
- June 24th Greenwood Car Show. Fill out a form and get it over to Organizer-in-Chief Mark Schiller.
- July 22nd Northwest Solar Festival (Shoreline, WA) Sustainable Living Fair. SEVA will have some cars present
- July 23 is Renton River Days and Treasurer Mark says we will be in the skate park, which is a very favorable location, with high visibility. Car show participants are required to be there from 10:30 am to 5pm. SEVA Members: Email Mark Yormark mark.yormark @ gmail.com to sign up. DOWNLOAD POSTER HERE
- September 9th Sustainable Ballard Festival (Seattle, WA: Ballard Commons Park ) As in years past, SEVA will have some cars present at this neighborhood mini-Green festival!
- September 17th is Triple-XXX National Drive Electric Week Fall Show, Issaquah, WA. (9am-3pm) Contact SEVA Events Coordinator Philip Skoog for more info.
- September 30th Salmon Days (Issaquah, WA) Contact SEVA Secretary Kevin Boze to sign up.
EV News Headlines
- Ford, DHL Unveil StreetScooter WORK XL Electric Truck – Up To 90 kWh Batteries (8/16/2017) - In June, Deutsche Post DHL announced the first StreetScooter WORK XL electric delivery vans, built on the Ford Transit chassis. Now we learn that the Deutsche Post intends to assemble the EVs in Aachen, Germany. In total, some 150 pre-production WORK XL models will be build this year, ...read more
- Infiniti Q50 EV Rendered As Hypothetical Tesla Competitor (8/16/2017) - If Infiniti did decide to build an electric sedan, it could look something like this The new and improved Nissan Leaf will make its world debut in just a few months on September 5 at a special event in Tokyo. Already we know that the second-generation electric hatchback will be... ...read more
- Tesla Model 3 “Production Hell” Might Be Unsafe? (8/16/2017) - Production ramp up increases fears for safety at Fremont factory The coming months for Tesla, as noted by CEO Elon Musk during the initial Model 3 handover event, will be “production hell” as it transitions from making a dozens of cars a month to as many as 5,000 per week ...read more
- Here’s How To Summon A Tesla Model X With Trailer Attached – Video (8/16/2017) - Summoning your Tesla Model X with a trailer attached is possible, but there are a few little tricks involved. Leave it to Bjorn Nyland to figure out how to bypass a few possible safety features to figures out how to summon a Model X with attached trailer. As Nyland explains... ...read more
- Tritium to supply 15 Veefil-RT fast chargers for Queensland Electric Super Highway (8/16/2017) - Australian-based Tritium has won a contract from the Queensland government to supply 15 of its Veefil-RT 50 kW fast chargers for a new Queensland Super Highway. Queensland Environment Minister Steven Miles says the 1,800 km chain of chargers, from the Gold Coast to Cairns, will be the largest fast-charging network in ...read more