The Seattle Electric Vehicle Association (SEVA) is an all-volunteer group of Seattle-area folks who are passionate about all things having to do with electric cars. Our members run the gamut from brand new Tesla owners to folks who have been converting old gasoline cars since the 1980’s.
We participate in car shows, educational events and political events having to do with electric vehicle legislation. But we mostly get together to have some plain, old fun at our free monthly meetings and by simply driving around on our zero-emission wheels.
SEVA also serves as a gateway to the latest press and information on and about electric vehicles. Jump on in to see what’s happening in the world of electric cars!
Car Shows and “EVents”
We LOVE car shows and participate in many during any given year. We also display at other local festivals as well when invited! Shows are great places to come out and learn about electric vehicles of all types. See our calendar page for a list of recent past shows. Meanwhile, 2018 show schedules are brewing.
Winter Driving Tips For EVs
Fall 2017 : Update on Washington State Sales Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles
SEVA in the News
On Sunday, June 18, 2017, The Seattle Times AUTO Section featured a lengthy article called “Batteries Included! Seattle Electric Vehicle Assocation Leads the Charge” (by Tom Voelk) about SEVA’s 37-year history promoting electric vehicles in the Puget Sound Region. Thank you, Tom, and Seattle Times! Click here to read article.
EV News Headlines
- More Tesla Semi Orders Come In Bringing Total To 55-Plus (11/23/2017) - The order list for the Tesla Semi increased by a few more companies that publicly admitted intention to order. So far we've heard of 25 reservations by Loblaws and 15 by Walmart, with some reports putting a whopping 40 reservations on J.B. Hunt. A few Ryder orders were reported too.... ...read more
- Engineering Explained Explores New Tesla Roadsters Insane Performance – Video (11/23/2017) - 7,376 lb-ft (10,000 Nm) of torque? This means nothing. The race for the quickest production car in the world has gone crazy in the last couple of months. First we saw the Dodge Demon and Tesla Model S P100DL, then came the Hennessey Venom F5, and finally the second generation ...read more
- Boring Hat Sales Raise Over $300,000 (11/23/2017) - Awaiting details on Semi Hat Offering. pic.twitter.com/HNBiNlTKVu — Domenick Yoney (@Domenick_Y) November 21, 2017 Maybe Musk has missed his mad hatter calling A little more than a month ago, entrepreneur Elon Musk took to Twitter to flog a simple baseball cap bearing the logo of his tunneling venture, The Boring... ...read more
- Tesla Advertises Via Unique Showcases Like Its “Tesla Tiny House” (11/23/2017) - THE TESLA TINY HOUSE SHOWCASES SOLAR PANELS AND POWERWALL [VIDEO] We often read that Tesla's success is very uncommon because the company does no traditional advertising, and does little to market its products. Elon Musk has famously said that he seldom thinks about marketing and that if you build a... ...read more
- GM’s Baojun E100 Surges To 1,700 Sales In China For October (11/23/2017) - Earlier this year GM, through its joint venture SAIC-GM-Wuling, introduced its all-electric, two-seat, Baojun E100; a model that has now found sales success. It seems that lowering pricing to the no brainer level of RMB 35,800 (~US $5,300) after subsidies, is the way to best crack the Chinese market. In ...read more