The Seattle Electric Vehicle Association (SEVA) is an all-volunteer group of Seattle-area folks who are passionate about all things having to do with electric cars. Our members run the gamut from brand new Tesla owners to folks who have been converting old gasoline cars since the 1980’s.
We participate in car shows, educational events and political events having to do with electric vehicle legislation. But we mostly get together to have some plain, old fun at our free monthly meetings and by simply driving around on our zero-emission wheels.
SEVA also serves as a gateway to the latest press and information on and about electric vehicles. Jump on in to see what’s happening in the world of electric cars!
SEVA in the News
On Sunday, June 18, 2017, The Seattle Times AUTO Section featured a lengthy article called “Batteries Included! Seattle Electric Vehicle Assocation Leads the Charge” (by Tom Voelk) about SEVA’s 37-year history promoting electric vehicles in the Puget Sound Region. Thank you, Tom, and Seattle Times! Click here to read article.
Get Ready For 2017 Car Show Season!
We LOVE car shows! Not only are they fun for the whole family, but shows are a great way to come see what electric cars are all about! Come on by and visit us at any one of the following:
2017 Car Shows
- March 25th Coltura’s “Green Neighborhood Revolution!” show 10am-2pm. Reach Now will be test driving I3’s. And there will be other cars and displays. www.coltura.org/events for more info. SEVA could use some representation at the table, too.
- April 19th Bellevue College’s Earth Day. Please be there at 9:40 am (parking lot B2, we think). With hundreds of college students passing by, it’s a great chance to expose new people to EVs.
- April 22nd Earth Day NewCastle This event is all about creating a healthy planet and sustainable environment. SEVA will have some EVs on display.
- May 3rd Edmonds Community College EV Show (11:30-1:00 PM). Contact Frederick Peters for more info.
- May 7th Triple-XXX Car Spring Electric Vehicles Show in Issaquah, WA. (9am-3pm).
- June 7th Plug-In North Central Washington is sponsoring a drive through across Highway 2 from Everett to Spokane
- June 18th Fenders on Front Street (Issaquah, WA) REGISTER HERE
- June 24th Greenwood Car Show. Fill out a form and get it over to Organizer-in-Chief Mark Schiller.
- July 22nd Northwest Solar Festival (Shoreline, WA) Sustainable Living Fair. SEVA will have some cars present
- July 23 is Renton River Days and Treasurer Mark says we will be in the skate park, which is a very favorable location, with high visibility. Car show participants are required to be there from 10:30 am to 5pm. SEVA Members: Email Mark Yormark mark.yormark @ gmail.com to sign up. DOWNLOAD POSTER HERE
- September 9th Sustainable Ballard Festival (Seattle, WA: Ballard Commons Park ) As in years past, SEVA will have some cars present at this neighborhood mini-Green festival!
- September 17th is Triple-XXX National Drive Electric Week Fall Show, Issaquah, WA. (9am-3pm) Contact SEVA Events Coordinator Philip Skoog for more info.
- September 30th Salmon Days (Issaquah, WA) Contact SEVA Secretary Kevin Boze to sign up.
EV News Headlines
- Tesla-Powered Lotus Evora Does Time Attack Lap – Video (8/17/2017) - Watch Blue Lightning unleashed on the track If you've been waiting for word on the Blue Lightning project being showcased by Speed Academy, featuring a Lotus Evora gifted with a Tesla drivetrain and powered by Chevy Volt batteries, you're in luck. This stunning example of electric Frankenspeed recently took to ...read more
- In-Depth Look At Rivian’s History And Future Vision (8/17/2017) - Rivian Automotive has been at it since 2009, was chosen as one of the top growing companies in the EV segment, and already has a functional factory … so what's the story? As we've previously reported, Rivian has been working as a covert operation for quite some time. Back in... ...read more
- Nikola Motors Adds New Energy Division (8/17/2017) - Nikola, the company that is developing a hydrogen electric semi-transport truck, surprised us by adding a Energy Division for on and off-grid battery solutions, solar installations and hydrogen production systems. The Nikola Corporation group now consists of three subsidiaries: Nikola Motor Company (for the vehicles) Nikola Powersports (powersports industry) Nikola... ...read more
- Daimler starts European production of Fuso eCanter electric light-duty truck (8/17/2017) - Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation (MFTBC) has started production of the Fuso eCanter electric light-duty truck in Tramagal, Portugal. Production of the eCanter in Japan began in July. The Fuso eCanter is produced on the same production line as the legacy Canter truck at the Tramagal plant – the electric ...read more
- Nouveau Monde and Shinzoom form JV to market anode material (8/17/2017) - Nouveau Monde Graphite has signed a letter of intent with Chinese anode producer Hunan Zhongke Shinzoom to market Shinzoom's anode materials to battery manufacturers in North America. The two companies will form a distribution joint venture, and if the results are satisfactory after 18 months, will evaluate the feasibility of manufacturing ...read more