The Seattle Electric Vehicle Association (SEVA) is an all-volunteer group of Seattle-area folks who are passionate about all things having to do with electric cars. Our members run the gamut from brand new Tesla owners to folks who have been converting old gasoline cars since the 1980’s.
We participate in car shows, educational events and political events having to do with electric vehicle legislation. But we mostly get together to have some plain, old fun at our free monthly meetings and by simply driving around on our zero-emission wheels.
SEVA also serves as a gateway to the latest press and information on and about electric vehicles. Jump on in to see what’s happening in the world of electric cars!
Get Ready For 2017 Car Show Season!
We LOVE car shows! Not only are they fun for the whole family, but shows are a great way to come see what electric cars are all about! Come on by and visit us at any one of the following:
2017 Car Shows
- March 25th Coltura’s “Green Neighborhood Revolution!” show 10am-2pm. Reach Now will be test driving I3’s. And there will be other cars and displays. www.coltura.org/events for more info. SEVA could use some representation at the table, too.
- April 19th Bellevue College’s Earth Day. Please be there at 9:40 am (parking lot B2, we think). With hundreds of college students passing by, it’s a great chance to expose new people to EVs.
- April 22nd Earth Day NewCastle This event is all about creating a healthy planet and sustainable environment. SEVA will have some EVs on display.
- May 3rd Edmonds Community College EV Show (11:30-1:00 PM). Contact Frederick Peters for more info.
- May 7th Triple-XXX Car Spring Electric Vehicles Show in Issaquah, WA. (9am-3pm).
- June 7th Plug-In North Central Washington is sponsoring a drive through across Highway 2 from Everett to Spokane
- June 18th Fenders on Front Street (Issaquah, WA) REGISTER HERE
- June 24th Greenwood Car Show. Fill out a form and get it over to Organizer-in-Chief Mark Schiller.
- July 22nd Northwest Solar Festival (Shoreline, WA) Sustainable Living Fair. SEVA will have some cars present
- July 23 is Renton River Days and Treasurer Mark says we will be in the skate park, which is a very favorable location, with high visibility.
- August 26th Sustainable Ballard Festival (Seattle, WA: Ballard Neighborhood) As in years past, SEVA will have some cars present
- September 12th is Triple-XXX National Drive Electric Week Fall Show, Issaquah, WA. (9am-3pm)
- September 30th Salmon Days (Issaquah, WA) Contact SEVA Secretary Kevin Boze to sign up.
EV News Headlines
- Atlanta Airport Installs 102 TurboDock EV Charging Stations (5/24/2017) - The Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) has made its bid to be considered one of the greenest airports in the world (if that could be a thing) with the installation of 102 charging stations. The Charging stations will be located in several parking structures along the ATL airport perimeter. ATL... ...read more
- BMW i3 over 3 years, Chrysler sued over diesels, electric-car costs hybrid VW GTI: Today’s Car News (5/24/2017) - Today, another diesel lawsuit, Tesla backpedals on Supercharging fees, how heat pumps work, and three years and 70,000 miles in a BMW i3 electric car. All this and more on Green Car Reports. Yesterday, the U.S. Justice Department sued Fiat Chrysler over emission-related software used in the EcoDiesel V-6 engines ...read more
- Navya Will Expand Arma Driverless Shuttle Tests In Oceania (5/24/2017) - The RAC has come a long way. It's going to be a bit easier to hop a ride in one of Navya's driverless, automatic, all-electric Arma shuttle boxes. The company just announced that it will expand its Oceania and Southeast Asia footprint from its test program in Perth, Australia to,... ...read more
- Tesla Showroom Open In Ireland, Demand Far Exceeds Supply (5/24/2017) - TESLA OPENS FIRST SHOWROOM IN IRELAND WITH LONG LIST OF BACK ORDERS TO FULFILL If Tesla were playing Risk, it would just have earned an additional five points. With the opening of a new showroom in Ireland, the company has consolidated its conquest of Western Europe. And it appears there's... ...read more
- Workhorse Thinking Of W-15 PHEV Truck Consumer Sales (5/24/2017) - Been wanting one of these PHEV trucks? Time to sign up. Workhorse is making it clear that the target customer for its W-15 plug-in hybrid pick up truck is a number-crunching fleet manager. But, if you're just a cowgirl who likes to roam the ranch without all the pollution of... ...read more