The Seattle Electric Vehicle Association (SEVA) is an all-volunteer group of Seattle-area folks who are passionate about all things having to do with electric cars. Our members run the gamut from brand new Tesla owners to folks who have been converting old gasoline cars since the 1980’s.
We participate in car shows, educational events and political events having to do with electric vehicle legislation. But we mostly get together to have some plain, old fun at our free monthly meetings and by simply driving around on our zero-emission wheels.
SEVA also serves as a gateway to the latest press and information on and about electric vehicles. Jump on in to see what’s happening in the world of electric cars!
SEVA in the News
On Sunday, June 18, 2017, The Seattle Times AUTO Section featured a lengthy article called “Batteries Included! Seattle Electric Vehicle Assocation Leads the Charge” (by Tom Voelk) about SEVA’s 37-year history promoting electric vehicles in the Puget Sound Region. Thank you, Tom, and Seattle Times! Click here to read article.
Get Ready For 2017 Car Show Season!
We LOVE car shows! Not only are they fun for the whole family, but shows are a great way to come see what electric cars are all about! Come on by and visit us at any one of the following:
2017 Car Shows
- March 25th Coltura’s “Green Neighborhood Revolution!” show 10am-2pm. Reach Now will be test driving I3’s. And there will be other cars and displays. www.coltura.org/events for more info. SEVA could use some representation at the table, too.
- April 19th Bellevue College’s Earth Day. Please be there at 9:40 am (parking lot B2, we think). With hundreds of college students passing by, it’s a great chance to expose new people to EVs.
- April 22nd Earth Day NewCastle This event is all about creating a healthy planet and sustainable environment. SEVA will have some EVs on display.
- May 3rd Edmonds Community College EV Show (11:30-1:00 PM). Contact Frederick Peters for more info.
- May 7th Triple-XXX Car Spring Electric Vehicles Show in Issaquah, WA. (9am-3pm).
- June 7th Plug-In North Central Washington is sponsoring a drive through across Highway 2 from Everett to Spokane
- June 18th Fenders on Front Street (Issaquah, WA) REGISTER HERE
- June 24th Greenwood Car Show. Fill out a form and get it over to Organizer-in-Chief Mark Schiller.
- July 22nd Northwest Solar Festival (Shoreline, WA) Sustainable Living Fair. SEVA will have some cars present
- July 23 is Renton River Days and Treasurer Mark says we will be in the skate park, which is a very favorable location, with high visibility. Car show participants are required to be there from 10:30 am to 5pm. SEVA Members: Email Mark Yormark mark.yormark @ gmail.com to sign up. DOWNLOAD POSTER HERE
- September 9th Sustainable Ballard Festival (Seattle, WA: Ballard Commons Park ) As in years past, SEVA will have some cars present at this neighborhood mini-Green festival!
- September 17th is Triple-XXX National Drive Electric Week Fall Show, Issaquah, WA. (9am-3pm) Contact SEVA Events Coordinator Philip Skoog for more info.
- September 30th Salmon Days (Issaquah, WA) Contact SEVA Secretary Kevin Boze to sign up.
EV News Headlines
- BYD and Wayne Engineering demonstrate electric refuse truck for City of Los Angeles (6/27/2017) - Los Angeles Sanitation (LASAN) has completed a demonstration project using a Class 6 battery-electric refuse truck developed by BYD and Wayne Engineering. During the four-month pilot, the truck logged over 5,200 miles, and achieved an average range of 99 miles. Operating on the same routes and variable terrain as LASAN's regular ...read more
- City of Los Angeles Kicks Off EV Sharing Program For Low-Income Families (6/27/2017) - Bolloré's subsidiary – Blue Solutions, has launched a new car sharing rental called BlueLA (in Los Angeles obviously), which is second operation based in the U.S., after the BlueIndy in Indianapolis. The goal for the project is to have 100 BlueCars and 40 locations with 200 charging spots in operation. ...read more
- 3-Wheel EV Maker Arcimoto Files For IPO (6/27/2017) - Arcimoto announced an IPO filing under SEC Regulation A, with a goal to secure up to $9.3 million and fuel final development and production of its SRK electric three-wheeler. The SRK is to be available in two versions, good for either 70 or 130 miles range, with a top speed ...read more
- Aston Martin’s First All-Electric Car To Arrive In 2019, But Limited To 155 Units (6/27/2017) - Aston Martin has confirmed production of its first all-electric model, although plans seems to changed a little bit as former partner LeEco has since fallen into some financial troubles. The first car is to now enter production in 2019, at least year later than initially planned two years ago when ...read more
- In May, Toyota Prius Prime Sales In Japan Went Through The Roof (6/27/2017) - Toyota Prius Plug-In Hybrid (AKA the Prius Prime in U.S.) set a new sales record last month in Japan, obliterating all previous “best efforts” by other OEMs. New registrations surged to 5,369, which was a third of total Prius family sales. Japanese sources reports that higher incentives (from May) influenced... ...read more