EVents 2007 03 06
Click show in the next blue box to see more EVent Descriptions for this years Current Events Calendar.
 Sherry Boschert at Elliott Bay Book Co
The timing is confirmed for my reading and book-signing at Elliott Bay Book Co., 101 S. Main Street, Seattle -- Tuesday, March 6, 6:00 p.m.
Please spread the word so that we get as many people to turn out as possible, to show that there's interest in plug-in vehicles! Any chance we can get a PHEV to be there? (Ryan, I can't remember whether you live close to Seattle or not...)
- Sherry Boschert, author
- Plug-in Hybrids: The Cars that Will Recharge America
- (New Society Publishers)
 KUOW Weekday - Honey! Don't Forget to Plug In The Car!
per SEVA_Maillist:2007./3./7 Y! It sounds like Sherry and perhaps Steven will also be making an appearance on KUOW 94.9 MHz from 9 am to 10 am Tuesday Morning. You can check out the program "Honey! Don't Forget to Plug In The Car!" at the KUOW website where you can also download an mp3 podcast of the program.
Local copy of this programs overview.
- Tuesday on Weekday: Hour One
- 03/06/2007 9:00a.m.
- Honey! Don't Forget to Plug In The Car!
- The Toyota Prius gets around 50 miles per gallon. But is 100 miles per gallon just around the corner? Proponents of plug-in hybrid cars say it's not only possible—they're already doing it. Can the new cars help solve global warming? What about other air quality problems? Will the cars save you money if and when the auto companies start making them? We'll hear from electric car enthusiasts, energy efficiency experts and General Motors. Call in with your comments and questions.
- Sherry Boschert is on the executive committee of Plug In America and she is the president of the San Francisco Electric Vehicle Association. She is the author of the recent book Plug-in Hybrids: The Cars that Will Recharge America. She is also the medical news reporter for International Medical News Group.
- Therese Langer is the Transportation Program Director for the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy.
- Dave Barthmus is with General Motors. For the last several years it's been his job been to explain why GM discontinued its Electric Vehicle Program.
- Dr. Michael R. Seal is the founder and former director of the Vehicle Research Institute at Western Washington University.
- Related Events:
- Sherry Boschert is speaking at Elliott Bay Books tonight, March 6th at 6:00 p.m.
- Related Links:
- KUOW does not endorse nor control the content viewed on these links as they appear now or in the future.
- Sherry Boschert website
- 'To Really Save on Gas, Hybrid Grows a Tail,' The Seattle Times
- Plug in America
- San Francisco Vehicle Association
- 'A Reality Check On Plug In Hybrids,' Christian Science Monitor
- 'GM Eyes 'plug-in' Hybrids,' CNN.com
- 'BMW and Daimler-Chrysler Rev Up Development of Premium Hybrid Cars'
- 'Who Killed the Electric Car?'
- 'Who Ignored The Facts about the Electric Car?'