1981 Electric Renault Le Car 120V (aka Lectric Leopard) for sale. Excellent condition,
or best offer.
If you are planning a conversion anytime soon, take a close look at the specs below!Specifications
- Motor: Advanced DC L91-4003 Series Wound, 13 HP continuous, 43 HP peak, 72 - 120 VDC, 6.7 diameter.
- Controller: Curtis PMC 1231C-8601, 96 - 144V, 500 amp.
- Batteries: 120 volt pack; 10 x 12 Volt Universal AGM 110Ah; charging max voltage for cyclic use: 14.5 - 14.9 V.
- Battery Management: 10 Rudman analog regulators
- Charger: Onboard K&W BC-20 with 144 volt booster, voltage and current regulated, GFI protected, 20amp, 120 VAC input.
- 12 Volt Source: Sevcon DC/DC Converter model 622-11014, 84 - 126 VDC input, 25 amps continuous, 330 W max output, supplemented with 14Ah lead-acid accessory battery. The accessory battery is charged both through the converter and through its own maintenance charger.
- Instrumentation: Cruising Equipment E-Meter: Volts, Ahs, Amps.
- Current Range: 15-20 (Seattle) miles per charge.
- Speed: Freeway capable, original manual transmission retained.
This 1981 Renault LeCar (aka Lectric Leopard) was converted to electric when new in 1981 by a company called US Electricar. It was completely upgraded with new electric components in 1997. It was originally 48V, now 120V. It has been garaged and well maintained. The interior is original and in fine condition. There is some minor rust in spots such as front quarter panels behind wheels. All of its electric running gear is in excellent working order. It runs nicely. Its main problem is a worn and almost non-functional parking brake due to age and cable stretch. Its current AGM batteries are about one year old and still going strong. The car is quite usable as is with some custom attention to the parking brake, or its very solid electric components could be used in another conversion. It has served us well for many years. We are replacing the Renault with a lighter NEV more suitable for our needs. Located in Seattle.
Lots of pictures here:http://www.phlogma.com/aporia/ev-pages/renault.htm
To schedule a test drive, questions, or buy, contact Victor here:http://www.phlogma.com/aporia/dd-formmailer/dd-formmailer.php
or call 206-866-5666
and leave a message.